Fitbit Question

Options
Hi everyone! Quick question I have fitbit Alta and I love it but I swim. I'm thinking of buying a flex 2 just for swimming...will this work to have 2 attached to mfp & the fitbit Android app? Thanks!

Replies

• chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I was curious about linking two Fitbit devices to MFP, too, so I went searching for information. I can't find anything on this. Hopefully someone knows the answer! Good luck!
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    People on my friends list are saying you can I'm going to try it worse case scenario I buy the flex and can't use both but I'll still know my burn swimming if it works on my app might just need two fitbit acts if so. If not I'll give to my daughter it's only $59 right now. I'll let u know once I try it.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I think the ability to link 2 fitbits will depend on their software; I know that I have 2 devices (1 FITBIT, 1 Polar) that are linked with no issues
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Fitbit has the ability to link more than one device to an account. You don't actually link your MFP to the fitbit device, you are linking your MFP to your fitbit account. So I don't see why it would be a problem.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Trina2040 wrote: »

Good info. I have both a Fitbit Alta and a Fitbit One. The Alta does not count stairs. I was curious on wearing both and hoping the One would count the stairs and all the info would be combined. Apparently this is not possible. :(
  • take2spicy
    Options
    It looks like two devices is OK then as long as I take off my Alta while I swim and use flex. It looks like I'd use the same fitbit dashboard account so that info should get synced into mfp at night when I do it. Yay! I'm psyched because do far calculating my swim exercise has been less than accurate.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have two linked and the world is a happy place!
  • take2spicy
    Options
    I added the flex 2 to my dashboard last night headed for a swim today ! Fingers crossed!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit Alta that I mainly wear and a Charge that I wear when I m doing yardwork, gardening. They are both linked to my account and work well as long as I sync steps, etc before charging otherwise info gets lost. Good luck!
  • take2spicy
    Options
    Thank you! I'm going to sync as soon as I get out of the pool. Leaving my Alta at home so nothing hopefully gets crossed.
  • take2spicy
    Options
    Update it works just fine!! Whoop whoop!