your most filling vegetable

Options
2»

Replies

• Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cucumber. Just straight cucumber. Love it.
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Spinach for me. Then a huge salad with lettuce, tomato, CUCUMBER, carrots.

Just a note, apples are higher in carbs than most vegetables. Not as bad as a banana though.
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    hmmm, ok i better start branching out a little. It's not that i don't like vegetables, but hubby doesn't eat any at all. (maybe cooked pepper if he feeling particularly generous to me) so I am cooking for myself, which is annoying.

I have cabbage in the fridge, I will shred that and keep half fresh and steam the other half... and take it from there really...
  • sawyergarden13
    sawyergarden13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Celery stalks & raw courgette seems to really fill me up!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't find a huge difference between vegetables in how filling they are, and I really would not start worrying about green veg (non starchy veg, since they aren't all green) in how many carbs they have.

A big salad with lots of greens can be good, though. I LOVE brussels sprouts and find them super filling (but they are not super low carb compared to, say, asparagus if you do end up worrying about that). Zucchini and summer squash, broccoli and cauliflower, cooked greens like spinach (great raw or cooked) or collards or mustard greens or chard, etc. (or the non green ones like radicchio and endive). Radishes and kohlrabi are nice just to snack on. I think tomatoes are filling and they have fewer carbs than you might think.