Increase calories when strenght training or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I see there are four TDEE methods. Mifflin-St Jeor, Harris-Benedict, Activity Level
    and Katch-McCardle. Any suggestions on which to use?
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I see there are four TDEE methods. Mifflin-St Jeor, Harris-Benedict, Activity Level

I figured all three and then took an average of the three. Doesn't really matter as none are completely accurate and should only be used as a guideline. After 4 weeks at one caloric intake, you can adjust it according to whether you are losing, maintaining or gaining.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I am about 22 pounds away from my goal weight, so I think I am going to start when I lose about another 10 pounds. :)

Don't wait...you want to preserve what you have. It is much easier to preserve what you have now than to try to build it back later. Building muscle is incredibly slow and hard.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

The biggest difference here is not going to be your actual TDEE number...it will vary somewhat, but shouldn't be substantial. The biggest difference is going to be the BMR calculation....even then, the difference is usually not too substantial...maybe 100 calories or so.