Bread love

Options
How about it?

I do love the bread I do include in my meals. The pizza crust is magnificent, the whole wheat bread is very tasty.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    the pizza crust i had the other day was magical. I miss pizza i dont get it often xD
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The pb&j I had for dinner wouldn't have been as enjoyable without bread
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    The Mennonite pantry down the road makes the most amazing sourdough bread. I get a turkey and muenster with tomato on sourdough for lunch every once in awhile, yum.

And yeah, pizza crust is magnificent and totally worth the calories!
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Warm and steamy - fresh from the oven!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm SOURDOUGH! So chewy.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/sourdough-bread-myths/

Like it is all crust.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of dough in my breadmaker, shape half in to a loaf, and roll out the second half for my own pizza shell. It has fewer carbs than the thick crust, and has a satisfying texture. If it isn't pizza night, the pizza shell goes straight in to the freezer.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love bread, and I do splurge on the bakery sourdough stuff on occasion, but day to day the calories are just not worth it. So like so many other people I have turned to Healthy Life 35 calorie a slice varieties as my day to day bread. It's honestly pretty decent for low cal bread and not expensive at all. I have also found numerous 100 Cal or less pita pockets at the grocery store which are perfect for sandwiches, tortillas also.

• clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Publix Rye Bread or a good Cuban Loaf
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Is it getting hot in here or is it just me >.> Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

Yesterday's lunch was Papa John's pizza, 2 slices of large and 2 cheese sticks. That and the garlic dipping sauce got me a 1000 kcal lunch. Of course folks are going to think that it's a binge that must be avoided. I used it as motivation to exercise and had one of my best hours of cardio exertion. That and the yard work I did just before sunset added up to one of my top calorie burn exercise days. That's the power of bread. Use it or keep it. As fat. So, yes, use it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've been working on upping my carbs and the best part has been getting bread from the local bakery. They also make wood fired pizzas. Yum.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Dave's 21-Seeds Killer Bread! I eat the Lite kind occasionally, and I find it chewy and filling!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,405 Member
    Options
    I love bread! Doesn't matter where I live or travel to I'm bound to find some lovely bread, be it white bread in Turkey, a fantastic baguette in France with good butter and a good quality thick slab of ham, flat bread all over the Middle East, dark bread in Scandinavia, or my artisan bakery around the corner here in Scotland. Awwww... <3
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I love bread, however it doesn't love me, I get a mild reaction to certain types and haven't yet bothered finding out what exact ingredient it is that causes it, I suspect it's a kind of yeast as it occurs when eating some breads (Gluten and Gluten Free), cakes and even drinking some beers but seem fine with some seeded breads and flatbreads.

I have absolutely no control when it comes to bread either so tend not to keep it in the house.
  • artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of breads. And crackers. Basically, anything with an insane amount of carbs. However it does NOTHING for me. I know I need to reduce carbs (not to the extreme of keto) to lose weight. So I haven't been buying any kind of bread or cereal or crackers. I'm even eating burgers & hot dogs without the buns! I do miss it, but I know I can't eat it or I'll go off the rails.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Oh NOS! Bread haters!

Go! Go away!