Would you freak out if you ate 3,000 calories

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    No because I can eat that to maintain my current weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• thunderchild007
    thunderchild007 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I ate 4,700 yesterday and I'm on 1800. its 1 day, I am not going to beat myself up about it or it will spiral in to the whole week being that way.

Be kind to yourself, you are human after all.

Hopefully today I will stick to the 1800 as planned in my diary.

Have a good day x
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with sometimes having high calorie days (and when I do high calorie, I go way over 3000). The key is just not to do that too often.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Well, we all have those days. Just get back at it! And ask your mom for help in avoiding temptation. I'm sure she just wanted to give you a treat, but...

Wait, doesn't OP claim to have a 37 year old son in another thread? How often is presumably elderly mom buying him food?

great minds....
  • valkongr
    valkongr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nope, I had multiple times on my weight loss journey (birthdays, christmas, easter, other) and just balanced the other days. For example, if I consumed 3k one day, the next days of the current week I will eat 200 calories less per day, or if I am in the middle of the week I would cut from my previous days. In the end of the week I won't lose as much but I won't gain anything and I would be happy because I ate with my family/friends on that special occasion. If you don't even cut you will still lose weight, I am doing that because I feel better.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Don't blame your mum, unless you have specifically told her you are trying to lose weight. Even then, if she bought it after being asked not to, you are within your rights to refuse it. It was your choice, but 3000 cal on one day is not a big deal, just eat a bit less tomorrow and the next day.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Hi, I'm a guy trying to lose weight I'm 200 pounds and try to eat 1500 calories a day, been doing good for a few days now but my mom brought me food from Wendy's and now my calories are like 2800 when I was at 1800. I would usually beat myself up over it but for some reason I just don't care, I guess I'm just so used to sabotaging my diet. :(

i thought you had a grown up son, yet your mom bought you food from Wendys?! :huh: :laugh: :trollface:

You all might be reading too much into this. I'm 34 and have lived on my own since I was 18, but every so often my mom might call up and say "can you get together tonight, I'll bring Chinese!" Presumably anyone with enough facilities to drive a car could do the same.

you haven't been here long, have you?!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    kttyson wrote: »

Your body shouldn't stagnate - you're going to need some high days so your metabolism doesn't slow down

no
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out, you are not sabotaging your goals if you do it once in a while. Just get back on track.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Not really. I would just try and get back on track as soon as possible. Consistency is the path to success rather than requiring perfection.

By way of an analogy if you had bad day at work where you messed up a little would you say "Well that's it. Better call it quits then and not show up for work tomorrow!"

Just keep going until you succeed.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a guy trying to lose weight I'm 200 pounds and try to eat 1500 calories a day, been doing good for a few days now but my mom brought me food from Wendy's and now my calories are like 2800 when I was at 1800. I would usually beat myself up over it but for some reason I just don't care, I guess I'm just so used to sabotaging my diet. :(

It's just one meal. Log it and move forward. As long as you don't consistently eat that way at every meal you will be fine.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Not as a poster, why? As I being too generous, or is there a secret about Chinese food no one's telling me? I live in the Midwest - I assume my mom will be bringing over food until she dies.

Does she understand that you are trying to lose weight? To me, that's a problem if your mom is trying to feed you in spite of your efforts. If you've not had a serious conversation with her about your desire to lose weight and eat healthy now, then you need to.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

i thought you had a grown up son, yet your mom bought you food from Wendys?! :huh: :laugh: :trollface:

You all might be reading too much into this. I'm 34 and have lived on my own since I was 18, but every so often my mom might call up and say "can you get together tonight, I'll bring Chinese!" Presumably anyone with enough facilities to drive a car could do the same.

Not as a poster, why? As I being too generous, or is there a secret about Chinese food no one's telling me? I live in the Midwest - I assume my mom will be bringing over food until she dies.

The OP has been posting a lot lately contradicting himself. Yesterday he had a 37 year old adult son that needed psychological help and the day before he was a 29 year old man.

Only two possibilities. One, He's misplaced his bridge. Two, He's another bot/Turing test.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

The OP has been posting a lot lately contradicting himself. Yesterday he had a 37 year old adult son that needed psychological help and the day before he was a 29 year old man.

Ah, gotcha.

Does she understand that you are trying to lose weight? To me, that's a problem if your mom is trying to feed you in spite of your efforts. If you've not had a serious conversation with her about your desire to lose weight and eat healthy now, then you need to.

Don't worry, I am perfectly capable of eating Chinese with my mother every so often and still lose weight. If losing weight meant no more fun meals with family, then it wouldn't be worth it to me!