Birth Control w/ no weight gain

Options
13»

Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in with those suggesting Natural Family Planning. There are different methods. I've heard good things about the Creighton method and the Marquette method. This is not the old ineffective rhythm method that may have been used in the olden days. These methods are similar in effectiveness to the pill, about 98-99%. NFP may also be good for marriage. NFP users have an extremely low divorce rate, about 5%. And the couples tend to report happier, stronger marriages and better communication in their marriages.

Here's a chart showing effectiveness of some types of birth control http://nfp.marquette.edu/efficacy.php
  • BPRKEY
    BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Mirena. Low-hormone, but the difference between it and the pill is that the hormones are targeted and not pumping through your whole body. Also good for 5 years and with return to natural fertility immediately upon removal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I despise hormonal BC. Tried it a few times. Settled on a diaphragm and later a cervical cap. Yes, I'm married as well. I sorta think that makes it easier, really, to use non-hormonal methods. You know where it is, and can easily get to it.

If I didn't use that (before meno) I would have done the copper IUD.