Don't be Intimidated!

Options
So gym today, little Timmy that's benching 8Kg is obviously intimidated by me (Why? I don't know as I'm not in my eyes that big ) he soon clears off,
Weight area to myself when the place goes dark!! Like the eclipse! This behemoth turns up! 21St ,over 6'7" Shoulders like cannonballs ,biceps thicker than my thighs! We give each other the "Bro" nod We finally get chatting n for as much as I'm admiring his Arms n shoulders turns out hes admiring my "V" n wants by Chest/Waist ratio LOL!!

Moral?? Don't ever be intimidated in the gym, Don't be put off by the Bigger/Thinner people! Theres always someone in there looking at you thinking "I WANT their...."

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Perception. Maybe "little Timmy" (which is demeaning, so I understand he would feel uneasy, as I generally can somehow feel other persons demeaning thoughts) had a bad day.
    In my perception, nobody talked to me in the gym for 6 weeks, finally in my 7th week in the gym one regular throws up a chat with me about "just the right progression", one lady who has been there longer than me (at least as long) asks me if she is doing something with good form, the trainer spots me and compliments on my form and so on. Nothing changed. Also, while nobody really talked to me, we did always nod at each other. It's nothing to do with 'bro' it's common courtesy when entering the closer space of another person to acknowledge their existence.
    Maybe that is what made Timmy feel uneasy, too, that someone invaded his space suddenly seemingly without taking notice of him at all.