Anyone from Tennessee?

Options
Tayykisses
Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
So, I do not currently reside in Tennessee, however, that is where I've always wanted to live every since I was a kid we vacationed to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. I've always felt "home" while there. Anyways, I am looking to move there in the beginning of 2018- any suggestions as to what town? I want to be near Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg but not IN those areas due to cost of living/ traffic.

Thanks in advance!

Also, feel free to PM me with details, the more i know, the better!

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Tayykisses wrote: »
    So, I do not currently reside in Tennessee, however, that is where I've always wanted to live every since I was a kid we vacationed to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. I've always felt "home" while there. Anyways, I am looking to move there in the beginning of 2018- any suggestions as to what town? I want to be near Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg but not IN those areas due to cost of living/ traffic.

Thanks in advance!

When's the last time you were in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg? It's gotten way more "touristy" over the years.

That said, Knoxville isn't too far away from there and has a good job market from what I hear.
  • Tayykisses
    Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

When's the last time you were in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg? It's gotten way more "touristy" over the years.

That said, Knoxville isn't too far away from there and has a good job market from what I hear.

I went two summers ago- we went every year until my parents split and we just haven't been. It was pretty "touristy" then, which is fine, because I like meeting new people and my job would be great for that, the commute and the every day activities would be annoying though, lol
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I live outside of Memphis in a town called Arlington. It's nice here, small town with great schools (probably the best in the state). There are lots of things to do here since Memphis is close, but the crime is really high in Memphis. Nashville is much nicer than Memphis, with a lower crime rate and sits pretty much right in the midddle of TN.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Knoxville, & Memphis. K'town is pretty & not a bad drive to Pigeon Forge. I hated the humidity but it is very green. Ppl are friendly although it took me a bit to be able to understand the southern drawl...i probably drove ppl crazy asking "what?" over & over again.
    I thought wages were lower in Knoxville v Memphis.
    Ppl are football CRAZY in K'town so I hope you like orange
    Good luck :)
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    I thought wages were lower in Knoxville vs. Memphis

And the cost of living is much lower in Memphis and surrounding areas as well.
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I go to Pigeon and Gburg all the time......there's jobs and the living isn't that bad if you do it right. I just couldn't deal with the people all the time. I go there for a break and to shop at the big mall.

There is a really big mall in Minnesota....JS
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    I go to Pigeon and Gburg all the time......there's jobs and the living isn't that bad if you do it right. I just couldn't deal with the people all the time. I go there for a break and to shop at the big mall.

I been there, don cha know.
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

I been there, don cha know.

Hmmm...News to me ;):p
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance!

I went two summers ago- we went every year until my parents split and we just haven't been. It was pretty "touristy" then, which is fine, because I like meeting new people and my job would be great for that, the commute and the every day activities would be annoying though, lol

Traffic there can be pretty brutal. I have little to no patience though when it comes to sitting in traffic, I'd be one to abandon my car and walk.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance!

Traffic there can be pretty brutal. I have little to no patience though when it comes to sitting in traffic, I'd be one to abandon my car and walk.

And you'd be one to get overtaken by the zombies