800 calories/day for 5 days but zero weight loss - why?

Options
2»

Replies

• nicoleandersen
    nicoleandersen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If your body isn't getting the calories and nutrients it needs, it's possible your metabolism will slow down and you will lose weight much slower, and it's definitely not healthy. Also, make sure you measure out everything you eat, because chances are, you may be consuming more calories than you think. Having a food scale has helped me immensely because I realized my power of estimating portions wasn't quite as good as I thought. Using a fitbit or other tracker is also helpful in getting you to move more so you can see the difference between calories in and calories out. As long as you are burning more calories than you are consuming, you should be losing some weight each week. Check out this article for more information: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/daily-calorie-intake-calories-in-vs-calories-out/ Good luck!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Sounds like way more than 800 calories, tbh. Open your diary so that we can make better recommendations.

Make sure you're tracking ACCURATELY, by weighing everything BEFORE you cook it. Don't forget to log the cooking oils, salad dressings, etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism has slowed down in response to your lower calorie needs. A year ago I did an experiment eating the same number of calories/macros while walking 20 miles a day every single day for a week. How much weight did I lose? Nothing! My body had concluded we were in the middle of a famine and so began conserving my energy.

I did find a way around this. Eating several meals, low calorie, slows the metabolism down. But fasting for16-18 hours a day, with only water, and eating only in the remaining hours does not. Read or watch you tube videos of Dr, Jason Fung or visit Diet Doctor for more information.

Utter tosh....