Replacing Breakfast and Lunch with Protein Shakes

Options
I'm planning on replacing breakfast and lunch with protein shakes and still eat a decent meal at dinner. Has anyone tried this and has it worked for you with your weight loss and inches? This isn't for a quick weight loss, but it sure helps with my pocket book and busy work style. It's easier to drink my meals when I'm not home.

Replies

• Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a slimfast diet plan not a long term solution, but life does get hectic. I often use a shake a day to have a portable meal but I make my own. My shakes are whole food based. Fresh or frozen fruit and veg, protein, and fiber should all be included in a good shake, imo. Keep in mind, liquids will not satisfy you for as long as a whole food meal unless there is some fiber in there to give the protein some staying power.
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    The shake mix I have is from Body Fortress and is called Whey Protein. When I'm at home I will eat whole foods, it's just mainly at work when I can't or don't have the time to, but it's nice also during the day at home or work to just drink my shakes until that evening. I'm taking my time on this weight loss journey, but I thought maybe this would help.