Is calorie counting really going to work?

Options
13»

Replies

• smc92079
    smc92079 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    theledger5 wrote: »
    Personally I would just ditch the husband - you'd lose a tonne of dead weight there straight away. What a incredibly insensitive plank he is

So much this. Been there, done that.
  • LadyLeaAZ
    LadyLeaAZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the education ladies and gentlemen. Maybe after a couple weeks I will get better at this.
    I've lost 31 pounds since April JUST from counting calories. I sit at a desk for 10 hours a day, so I'm lucky if I get over 5000 steps in, and I haven't gone to the gym in about 3 months.

This is kind of my deal too. I can be more active now but once January gets here I'm practically chained to my desk during tax season. That is when the worst eating habits are.

Its expensive but I've discovered if I keep deli meat on hand, boiled eggs in the fridge, and cut up rotisserie chicken and some fruit handy I manage to actually make time for lunch now instead of grabbing for that bag of potato chips to eat at my desk or when I have to run out the door to get the kid from school.

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    LadyLeaAZ wrote: »
    This is kind of my deal too. I can be more active now but once January gets here I'm practically chained to my desk during tax season. That is when the worst eating habits are.

I don't miss public practice and tax season at all. :)

• amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the education ladies and gentlemen. Maybe after a couple weeks I will get better at this.
    I've lost 31 pounds since April JUST from counting calories. I sit at a desk for 10 hours a day, so I'm lucky if I get over 5000 steps in, and I haven't gone to the gym in about 3 months.

Its expensive but I've discovered if I keep deli meat on hand, boiled eggs in the fridge, and cut up rotisserie chicken and some fruit handy I manage to actually make time for lunch now instead of grabbing for that bag of potato chips to eat at my desk or when I have to run out the door to get the kid from school.

Try to expand your mindset beyond so-called "diet" foods like you described. You can eat foods that you enjoy just less of them. Staring at those limited items in the fridge after a few days would cause anyone to burn out!
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It works!! Do it for yourself - my husband has never said that I'm fat or that I'd put on weight, he doesn't have a problem with me weighing my portions when serving, it's your body you decide what you eat.
  • LadyLeaAZ
    LadyLeaAZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »

Try to expand your mindset beyond so-called "diet" foods like you described. You can eat foods that you enjoy just less of them. Staring at those limited items in the fridge after a few days would cause anyone to burn out!

Normally we don't have anything but dinner type stuff and I'm too pressed for time to cook a lunch. Hence the chips or grabbing fast food while I'm out running errands. I don't think of them as diet foods as opposed to having food quick to grab that I'll eat. (seriously id eat rotisserie chicken every day if I had too)