What's up with feeling lightheaded? When will this pass?

Options
2»

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you are set at eating 1380 calories a day and do 200 calories of exercise, you can eat back those exercise calories. So that would give you a total of 1580 calories you can eat that day.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that. This is my second day on the app and stats would've been helpful. I'm 5'3," currently 125 lbs, and my goal weight is 110 lbs (that is when I felt my best). The only exercise I do right now is very light yoga, walking, and some at-home toning exercises due to a medical condition I have- so my actively level is pretty low. I think I might need more than 1,200 calories per day? I did eat a small snack after dinner and noticed I felt better- so maybe my blood sugar was on the low side? I'm wondering if consuming 1,350-1,400 calories daily would be a little more realistic for me?

Apologies if this gas vern answered yet (I skimmed). Do you eat back a portion of your cardio calories back?
    Yeah, typing while on muscle relaxants doesn't really work out, does it? I hurt my back hauling mattresses.

Translation: "my apologies if this has been answered".

Oops.

:laugh:
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that. This is my second day on the app and stats would've been helpful. I'm 5'3," currently 125 lbs, and my goal weight is 110 lbs (that is when I felt my best). The only exercise I do right now is very light yoga, walking, and some at-home toning exercises due to a medical condition I have- so my actively level is pretty low. I think I might need more than 1,200 calories per day? I did eat a small snack after dinner and noticed I felt better- so maybe my blood sugar was on the low side? I'm wondering if consuming 1,350-1,400 calories daily would be a little more realistic for me?

If you're lightheaded I would definitely try the higher number and see if it works for you. You shouldn't be lightheaded, and with your stats should not be set to lose more than half a pound a week. Also, the suggestion above to try consuming some fast acting sugar when this happens is a good one. A small amount of orange juice would do it. If it is hypoglycemia you should feel much better within 15 minutes.

That's why I have mini size packages of gummy bears with me at the gym (I tried the orange thing, forgot it was in my gym bag and went on vacation, for a month...I bought a new bag). The mini bags of Haribo's have a whopping 35 calories, but all sugar (and maybe 1% food coloring).
    I get those in bulk on Amazon. A trick I've seen used, but never used myself, is just a little clear cake gel. I saw it used on a type 1 diabetic who passed out in my classroom.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So here's my experience: I was 55 lbs heavier than i am now and when I got hungry, I felt weak and lightheaded. Every day.
    Then I had a medical issue that needed surgery and I can no longer eat much at once. Aaand I no longer get light headed.
    I seriously think it was all in my head. I just couldn't handle feeling hungry. I eat WAY less now (rarely over 1200 cals) and have tons of energy and feel great.
    That's just my experience. Make sure you're drinking enough water though.