What's Your Excuse for Not Exercising Today?

Options

Replies

• CaffeineAngel
    CaffeineAngel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Went to work, then gym even though it was later and there were a lot of noisy people about.

I realised a month or so back my anxiety about people and crowds is overruled by my anxiety over not training my core in. I'm ok with that lol
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was sick yesterday :(
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Bent chain ring (big ring), but I got that fixed yesterday. $185 part and labor; money well spent.
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I got the reverse situation. Today is rest day. And I ended up working out :|
    My excuse is I got up at 6AM. And couldn't just stay in bed.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't need an excuse. I exercise when I want.
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mercury is in retrograde. Can't do it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Well, since Friday morning I've been battling a nasty stomach bug. Today, all better - back to the gym!

Being legitimately sick is a reason, not excuse, to avoid working out, especially a stomach bug - don't need that going horribly wrong on a squat!

Also, don't need you passing it on to others.

Stay home if you're sick, people! :s
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    It's a rest day.

Rest day IS part of the program. The longer you've been working out, the more will power it takes to NOT go workout.
  • VeronicaA76
    Options
    It's a rest day.

Rest day IS part of the program. The longer you've been working out, the more will power it takes to NOT go workout.

I think she's the last person here that needs to be told that........

All I was saying is that rest day isn't an excuse to not workout, it is part of the workout. So technically, it doesn't count as a reason/excuse to not workout.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It's a rest day.

The longer you've been working out, the more will power it takes to NOT go workout.

No, the longer you've been working out the more you realize the importance of rest days. ;)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Was in the pool at 6AM but I'm sure I can come up with one tomorrow.... B)
  • VeronicaA76
    Options
    It's a rest day.

All I was saying is that rest day isn't an excuse to not workout, it is part of the workout. So technically, it doesn't count as a reason/excuse to not workout.

I was more being a smart *kitten* in my reply. I highly dislike the what is your excuse type posts. Like the "We all have the same 24 hours" crap often said by someone with either lots of money or lots of time.

I'm a competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter who started out obese. I have tons of excuse and sometimes I skip workouts (especially cardio). No shame here, sometimes I am lazy. We all have different responsibilities and priorities.

I was being a smart *kitten* in my reply as well. I'm working on becoming a bodybuilder, or at least look like one if I just can't quite make competition. I hate cardio as well.

Congratulations for your amazing achievement: going from obese to an amazingly awesome physique!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's a rest day.

I was more being a smart *kitten* in my reply. I highly dislike the what is your excuse type posts. Like the "We all have the same 24 hours" crap often said by someone with either lots of money or lots of time.

I'm a competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter who started out obese. I have tons of excuse and sometimes I skip workouts (especially cardio). No shame here, sometimes I am lazy. We all have different responsibilities and priorities.

I was being a smart *kitten* in my reply as well. I'm working on becoming a bodybuilder, or at least look like one if I just can't quite make competition. I hate cardio as well.

Congratulations for your amazing achievement: going from obese to an amazingly awesome physique!!!

Thank you!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Well, my wife was snoring loud enough to keep me awake, so I went and slept on the couch but slept until 6 instead of 5 so I didn't go to the gym today. I needed the extra hour of sleep.

Also, I have a huge blister on my foot from golfing this weekend, so I can't run right now.

And I'm halfway through renovating our laundry room so I need to work on that when I get home.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It's raining