50 pounds gone

Options
Siege_Tank
Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
I'm 3/4 of the way done to getting to my first goal weight, 150. I'm 5'6" tall and I started at ~215 ish, and decided to lose some weight. I was the heaviest I had ever been. In February of 2012, I went to GNC, dropped a ton of cash on shakes and supplements and vitamins and workout mixes.. and tried to eat a little less.

I made it about two weeks. I got a cold, and my body was screaming for calories. I wasn't chronically under eating, I just wasn't gorging on french fries, chicken wings, beer, alcohol, and sodas. I was eating mostly as before, without knowing about calorie dense vs light calorie foods, and the difference in volume between the two.

Serving size of Oreos: 1/3 of box and a glass of milk
Serving size of chex mix - entire bag
When the real serving sizes are like, 2 cookies, and a handful of mix..

Stuff like that. I wound up looking like this:

wbxg.jpg

0aqd.jpg

y4kd.jpg

ukil.jpg

From February 2012 to September 12th, I lost a grand total of 5-7 pounds. I hired a trainer, learned how to count and set my macros and started cutting calories. No more serving sizes of entire packages of snacky carbs. When I want to feel full, I eat protein. Any meat will do, as long as it’s not hot dogs, 80/20 ground beef, or anything else that has more calories from fat than protein. Center cut bacon is transcendental :love: Counting and doing high intensity workouts, I lost 30 pounds in the first 2 months, and another 10 pounds in November. Through July 2013, I’m down another 10 pounds.

kqqt.jpg

sdi7.jpg

I'm almost there:
k0ug.jpg

mjzk.jpg

The best part was, by keeping weight training as a part of my workout routine, even during my maintenance, I went from a wimpy 60 pound bench press in September to 135 lbs in December. I didn't gain any real muscle size, but they got harder and stronger =) I'm currently at 145x6 for my bench press, and 230x6 for my squat. I'm not sure what my max is, I haven't tried to see how much I can lift yet.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    -gives you some loving-
    I never knew our starting weight and current weights were so similar!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaayyyyyy!

Sorry, I use photobucket. I can't really help out with other sites.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    instagram?
  • StrivingSagittarius
    Options
    AMAZING!!!
  • Siege_Tank
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    Congrats! That is a major difference! Keep up the good work!!!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    absolutely awesome!
  • Mokoshne
    Mokoshne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    nice job man, keep it up!
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Current You looks like Old You's younger brother.
  • Siege_Tank
    Options
    Current You looks like Old You's younger brother.

I know! That's why I grew out my beard, I wanted to look a bit more mature =)

That and I kept getting "wow!! I can really see it in your face!" comments. I'm like, Thank you... how big was my head? Apparently I was the kool aid man and nobody told me..

So the beard, aside from being epic and gorgeous, helps to minimize changes in my face, so that when I hit my goal weight, I can shave and really wow the day to day people I see in my life =D
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Keep up the good work!
  • Siege_Tank
    Options
    Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. Honestly, the biggest help has come from all of you, knowing that I'd post my food and exercise and progress...

This community of people are the most supportive, incredible, uplifting, impressive groups of people I have ever had the honor of sharing an experience like this with.

I love all your dedication and seeing your progress, doing it together.

Thank you
    ~Chris
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the awesome work!!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Great work, Chris!
    If we are allowed to vote....the beard stays!!!! SO HANDSOME!
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ^^^^agree...my vote is for the beard to stay!
  • Siege_Tank
    Options
    Lol don't worry, I like it too!! I Think it looks dashing and debonair

zowc.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!