Serial MFP Starters

Options
13»

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I don't get rage quitting at all. Like just don't visit the forums untill you calm down.

What do you do face to face in person when you are mad?

I do find it amusing when they come right back tho.

Im starting to recognize the personalities and it's fun to try to figure out if I "know" them!

When I did it it wasn't just mfp and it wasn't anything at all to do with the forums. I'd gotten sick of all "social media" and internet life in general. It wasn't until a few days later I was like "yeah I actually needed mfp to log.." and I felt bad for leaving without saying bye to some people so I came back.. literally within a matter of days. It was pretty stupid :D If I feel the same in the future I'll just uninstall the app for a while then come back when I feel like it. Makes more sense and it was a hassle having to make a new account and add everyone back for no real reason. :unamused:

Also, alcohol might have played a tiny little part in my tantrum.. :#:D

There's a few users who keep making new accounts but have pictures of themselves as their pp so they can't be "hiding". I've never really understood that because I always found it such a hassle to make a new account. But I guess they just felt like a fesh start like some have already said in this thread. Seems like a waste of time and email addresses to me though.

Sorry everyone caught a creeper and had to create a new account. Going to use my same profile picture and go right back to the smash or pass threads. I'm sure things will be different this time around.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I don't get rage quitting at all. Like just don't visit the forums untill you calm down.

What do you do face to face in person when you are mad?

I do find it amusing when they come right back tho.

Im starting to recognize the personalities and it's fun to try to figure out if I "know" them!

When I did it it wasn't just mfp and it wasn't anything at all to do with the forums. I'd gotten sick of all "social media" and internet life in general. It wasn't until a few days later I was like "yeah I actually needed mfp to log.." and I felt bad for leaving without saying bye to some people so I came back.. literally within a matter of days. It was pretty stupid :D If I feel the same in the future I'll just uninstall the app for a while then come back when I feel like it. Makes more sense and it was a hassle having to make a new account and add everyone back for no real reason. :unamused:

Also, alcohol might have played a tiny little part in my tantrum.. :#:D

There's a few users who keep making new accounts but have pictures of themselves as their pp so they can't be "hiding". I've never really understood that because I always found it such a hassle to make a new account. But I guess they just felt like a fesh start like some have already said in this thread. Seems like a waste of time and email addresses to me though.

I'm guilty of this too, so I get it. Now I'll just go on "hiatus" and stay away if I need to but I'll think long and hard before ever deactivating again. Especially if I know I'm bound to return in a matter of weeks.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I created this account (my 2nd one) almost a year ago. The other account I had for at least 5 years. I was making a fresh start so I wanted a fresh account to go with it. I have never rage quit or left for any reason. I've always been here. I barely posted in the forums with my old account.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I kind of want to make someone 'rage quit.' I've never seen it. I think the people in Chit Chat and Fun & Games are probably too chill. The people in the more serious forums take themselves WAY too seriously.

ETA - of course, I'd never actually do that. Even hard-headed self-proclaimed experts should feel welcome.