Self sabotage, rollercoaster weight, need motivation and new outlook on food

Options
I'm a 40 year old male that's struggled with weight since childhood. I've had my normal weight periods but mostly been overweight. Just as I'm getting close to normal weight I start binge eating. Eating is my comfort, my reward, my reason for living, it's the highlight of my day and its cost me dearly. I hope to put my obsessive personality to good use, change my whole outlook on food and start loving my body by treating it right. Hope to make friends along the way for mutual support.

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • mahoneypaula3
    mahoneypaula3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this, I've was always the bigger kid, I ve always been on the larger side as an adult but always been told I'm fine as I am, that I can carry it, even been told 'got a pretty face' so doesn't matter lol and I believed this and carried on not looking after myself, but it does matter im carrying too much weight and it's definitely affecting my health, more evident older I'm getting. I'm excited about making changes and feeling good about myself. Best of luck on your journey
  • shaznee43
    shaznee43 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow you story resonates with me! Very similar, I binge eat and I am very good at denying what I ate and procrastinating. It's like the diet that never starts because it's always going to start "next monday"....
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lol, Monday is my diet start day as well. Went on for almost a year until yesterday when I gained back the weight that took me a year to lose. I think motivation is key, my health finally is finally more important than that pizza. Thanks to MFP I'm more aware of what I eat, I kept logging even if I wasn't dieting, a soda here, a Snickers there and by the end of the day I had all these extra calories that otherwise I wasn't taking into account.