Seeking Ideal Protein Alternative Friends

Options
Just gathering info and recipes on how to do IP alternatives. Want to get started this week but want to be prepared with recipes and menu plan as well as products we can substitute. I'm 51 and weigh 211 pounds. Would like to be in the 140's. My knees and hips are killing me from carrying so much weight. I'm a full time night shift orthopedic nurse. I need friends that have been doing this and getting results for support and information.

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am assuming since you are on MFP you have put your stats in and know at what caloric deficit you should eat at to lose weight. The next part is easy eat what you want within your calories and you will lose. The rate will be 1-2lbs a week. The long process is what is hard but the great thing is you don't need supplements, shakes, ideal protein snacks or any other woo.

Good luck on your weight loss journey read around the forums there is so much great advice.
  • ToriMalt
    ToriMalt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I work 10-12 hour shifts in a hospital laboratory so I understand the crazy hours & shifts & how bad it kills your feet, knees, back, etc! I like oatmeal for bfast and soup & green yogurt for lunch bc they're quick & easy & healthy & you can grab them & go! The oatmeal in a cup is super convenient & publix has awesome pre-made salads & things when you don't have time to meal prep (hello, night shift!). Compression socks from CEP (online) have saved my feet on those 12 hour shifts. They have products for ankles, knees, etc. and I never run/walk without the ankle brace I got from them. Great products at good prices.