Smoothie friends.

Options
I am starting to drink smoothies and would like to add some memers who drink them daily or almost daily to get some recipes.

Thanks

Replies

• litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My current favourite (consumed before a 2 hour hike)
    1 cup fresh squeezed OJ
    3 sticks celery chopped
    1 small cucumber
    1/2 frozen banana
    About 10 almonds, soaked over night
    Around 2 cups spinach/kale or any dark leafy green
    Put it all in the blender, blitz until smooth
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You should give some details about what you make now and what kind of mixer you use. Some cheap mixers cannot handle kale as well as a vitamix.
  • bgeorgie13
    bgeorgie13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done, I start every day with a green smoothie, it helps me make healthy choices throughout the day.

My usual smoothie has: banana, kiwi, spinach/kale, chia seeds, flax seeds, spirulina and a bit of vanilla protein (to mask the spirulina taste!) plus water. It's delicious, I found this combination doesn't taste too "green" .

I agree with Thewjordinwjordin, some blenders don't handle kale well - I use a nutribulet and it breaks down everything, including the seeds.

If you opt for green smoothies, remember that red + green = brown (not very nice to look at but still delicious if you add red berries)! And you might want to rotate your greens :wink:

Here's a link to a great website: https://www.simplegreensmoothies.com/green-smoothie-101.

Enjoy
  • dieorloseit
    dieorloseit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I want to have green smoothies and i have a nutribullet. It does kale easy from videos i have seen.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Daily green smoothie drinker here!
  • KimGreenholm
    KimGreenholm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've started having smoothies once a day for lunch.
    I start with an a cup of Almond Milk Base, add leafy greens, a scoop of protein powder (usually vanilla) and then add fruit to flavour.

The one thing to look out for is measure, measure, measure. You don't want to add too much as it will kill your sugar for the day.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I've started having smoothies once a day for lunch.
    I start with an a cup of Almond Milk Base, add leafy greens, a scoop of protein powder (usually vanilla) and then add fruit to flavour.

The one thing to look out for is measure, measure, measure. You don't want to add too much as it will kill your sugar for the day.

Unless someone has a medical condition that requires them to limit their sugar intake, it's not a big deal to hit over the default sugar recommendations. Many here who track have switched out the sugar option, to fiber.