8 days and no loss

Options
SisepuedeLinda
SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone
I have been counting my calories and keeping them low since July and was losing great amounts around 1-2 pounds a week. But these last 8 days have showed me different results of no loss. I haven't done anything that different except I am not exercising as much as I was but even then that was sparingly and not that intense just 10-15 minutes of cardio. I haven't gone over my calorie limits so I'm just at a loss as to why I stopped losing. Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to get back to losing? Is it too soon to be complaining? lol

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Your answer will be in here somewhere:

4u8oust9j6uv.jpg
  • SisepuedeLinda
    Options
    Ahh I see. My doctor did mention possible pcos but it hasn't been official since I'm waiting on my blood test which is why I started to lose weight at first. I wonder why I was losing good then now it's like paused. Luckily I haven't gained but just no loss.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You want to look at your weight trend over months, rather than day-to-day or even week-to-week. If you are actually running a deficit, the weight loss will show up eventually. Trust in the process.

Here's a 3-month trend for me where I was at or below my calorie goal every day:

r10cijrhd657.jpg
  • SisepuedeLinda
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm
    Not going to stop trying but it was just an "aw man" moment I was having since I was losing.
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your answer will be in here somewhere:

4u8oust9j6uv.jpg

This!

Plus your weight fluctuates all the time.

For example: If the day before you weighed yourself you drank more water than usual and ate a lot of salty foods or foods with high sodium, your body will retain more water than usual, thus the number on the scale will higher even if you lost weight.

It happened to me.
    Week 1 I was at 81.9 KG
    Week 2 I was at 83.1 KG - The day before this I went to party and ate chips and salty snacks - but kept within my limit
    Week 3 I was at 81.4 KG

This is just one example. Be consistent, 8 days is too short to know if you are doing something wrong. Your body could just be adjusting to your new way of eating.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    I have been counting my calories and keeping them low since July and was losing great amounts around 1-2 pounds a week. But these last 8 days have showed me different results of no loss. I haven't done anything that different except I am not exercising as much as I was but even then that was sparingly and not that intense just 10-15 minutes of cardio. I haven't gone over my calorie limits so I'm just at a loss as to why I stopped losing. Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to get back to losing? Is it too soon to be complaining? lol

be more patient....
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Salty foods, new workouts, time of the month...all of these things affect the numbers on the scale. Weight loss isn't linear, so it is unlikely that you will see pounds drop on the scale like clockwork every week, especially as you get close to the goal. For my purposes now, my weight loss tends to show in "whooshes", every 3 weeks or so! (I'm about 15 lbs away from the healthy BMI range). Bodies are funny things. We just have to be patient, unfortunately.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah, it happens. Don't give up, just give it a bit of time. If you needed a kick in the pants to get back to a little more exercise then knock yourself out, but don't assume things aren't working. This is what my last two weeks looked like, as comparison:

T: 186.4
    F: 185
    S: 185.5
    S: 185.2
    M: 186.7
    T: 187.5
    W: 185.6
    T: 186.2
    F: 186.0
    S: -
    S: 185
    M: 185.0
    T: 185.9
    W: 184.2

A pound a week, as expected, but nothing resembling linear. I will say it feels good to finally break past freaking 185 though!
  • FreshBrew92
    FreshBrew92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. I dropped to 159 on 8/18/17 then went to 160 the next day and I been back and forth between 159 to 159.5 to 160 back to 159.5 for the last 8 days. It is very frustrating. I was 169.5 on 7/24/14 and had been dropping steadily until 8/18. I have keep my diet pretty much the same, but cut back on 8/20 after no change. So I am at 1200 calories a day and some days I don't even do 1200 because I am not hungry. I am not eating sweets or carbs and only low carb fruit and veggies and lean meat. I do work out at least 5 days a week. So what am I doing wrong? I just need to lose another 7 - 10lbs.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. I dropped to 159 on 8/18/17 then went to 160 the next day and I been back and forth between 159 to 159.5 to 160 back to 159.5 for the last 8 days. It is very frustrating. I was 169.5 on 7/24/14 and had been dropping steadily until 8/18. I have keep my diet pretty much the same, but cut back on 8/20 after no change. So I am at 1200 calories a day and some days I don't even do 1200 because I am not hungry. I am not eating sweets or carbs and only low carb fruit and veggies and lean meat. I do work out at least 5 days a week. So what am I doing wrong? I just need to lose another 7 - 10lbs.

Assuming you're logging accurately (I can't tell, your diary is closed), what you're doing "wrong" is to expect results over just a few days when you're very close to your goal.

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

You aren't doing anything wrong - you just need to be patient. When you only have a little to lose it can take a lot of time. You honestly might be better off at this point if you turned your focus to fitness and making sure that you're ready for maintenance.
  • FreshBrew92
    FreshBrew92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Assuming you're logging accurately (I can't tell, your diary is closed), what you're doing "wrong" is to expect results over just a few days when you're very close to your goal.

How do I "open" my diary? I need to update my log. I have been using Lose It for the last two weeks, but the first three weeks of my journey is in MFP. I I am 5'9 started at 169.5 goal weight is 145.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

How do I "open" my diary? I need to update my log. I have been using Lose It for the last two weeks, but the first three weeks of my journey is in MFP. I I am 5'9 started at 169.5 goal weight is 145.

If you're on the website, you can go to "Settings" (at the top of the page) and then choose "Diary Settings" and you'll see the options there. However, if you don't have anything logged it may be better to get a few weeks in and then ask for help.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    In the past three days, I've gained and lost the same two pounds. A perfect example of water weight fluctuations. Don't let a pound or two one way or another knock you off track. Oftentimes, while holding water, you are actually losing fat and will experience a WHOOSH of poundage falling off for a couple days as you get rid of the water. Look at the long term trend.