Splurges?

Options
Do any of you splurge on stuff as long as within your calories. The last week or so at night I still have about 700 calories left because of all the walking I do. I've been splurging a little with ice cream (200cal to 300cal). Could this cause a gain if I'm never over my calories?

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're good.
  • LiveToBloom
    LiveToBloom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am pleasantly surprised by these responses. I just started keto( it's actually more of a paleo), and I'm wondering if it's sustainable
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I am pleasantly surprised by these responses. I just started keto( it's actually more of a paleo), and I'm wondering if it's sustainable

For some it is, for some it isn't. If you like it and can stick to it, then do it. If it makes you miserable, find something else.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Weight management is really simple: calories in - calories out. Good nutrition is more complex. You can't have the one without the other, but they are not the same. The diet industry has a lot to answer for.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Do any of you splurge on stuff as long as within your calories. The last week or so at night I still have about 700 calories left because of all the walking I do. I've been splurging a little with ice cream (200cal to 300cal). Could this cause a gain if I'm never over my calories?

The only time you will gain weight is if you're not accurately measuring your portions with a food scale & eating way above the servings you allotted for in your food diary.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

The only time you will gain weight is if you're not accurately measuring your portions with a food scale & eating way above the servings you allotted for in your food diary.

Or overestiming the calories burned by exercise.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Nope! What you describe is what many of the successful folks on this site do: Eat a primarily nutrient dense diet within the context of a calorie appropriate goal and working in treats as they have room. No foods are off limits but the priority is placed on eating a healthy balance of macro and micro nutrients.

You're all good. There are even groups that discuss their favorite flavors/brands of ice cream on a regular basis! Talenti Sea Salt Caramel for me!