THE KEY TO WEIGHT LOSS (Are you stuck on a plateau?)

Options
I received the best advice ever on MFP. I was stuck on a plateau for 3 weeks. The reason? I wasn't eating enough. I was burning hundreds of calories a day at the gym and only consuming about 1000 calories a day. And i'm still a pretty big dude 19 years old at 5'8 244 lbs. I was stuck at 252 for the longest time. So I took the advice, started eating burgers, chicken strips, baking french fries and within a matter of 5 days i dropped 5-6 lbs. And its not water weight. My body has really toned up too considering i've been weight lifting and working out.

I know its not all that healthy to loose weight quickly, especially 5-6 lbs in less than a week, but i feel like it is catching up to what it missed. Just 5 weeks ago MFP estimated that I would be at 240 lbs by now and I was worried because I was still over the 250 mark and it just shows you that eating is the key. Now i'm not saying go break your diet and eat all unhealthy. But for me the key is to eat what I love to eat, burgers and french fries but still maintain my daily caloric intake.

So go out, eat, and dont worry about eating too much. As long as your exercising and feeding the body its fuel the weight WILL come off.

If you need any help feel free to message me and I can put you in the right path.

Replies

• SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    if you were 252lbs and only eating 1000 calories a day you were burning fat, don't kid yourself or anyone else
  • cameronwheeler
    Options
    Well the problem was that my body was in starvation mode. Even though I wasn't hungry myself, my body was. When your body thinks its starving it starts to store fat, thats why it is important to eat. Its like gas prices. When oil production is low, gas prices go up, when there is an abundance of oil, gas prices go down.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Do I smell a troll? Or maybe someone making fun of starvation mode and eating more to lose by making a ridiculous case for it? That's okay by me; carry on...
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Well the problem was that my body was in starvation mode. Even though I wasn't hungry myself, my body was. When your body thinks its starving it starts to store fat, thats why it is important to eat. Its like gas prices. When oil production is low, gas prices go up, when there is an abundance of oil, gas prices go down.

No you wern't

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/pdf/postmedj00315-0056.pdf
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    3 weeks is not a plateau.
    Please do not offer your help to others, especially since your OP and other response clearly points out that you are still misinformed.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think its ok to eat those things in moderation ...there are a lot of other factors to consider ..cholesterol, blood pressure etc...to tell someone to go eat burgers-fries and chicken tenders may not be great advice...but in moderation yes. It may not catch up with you on the scale but in time it may catch up with you in the labs and heart.
  • cameronwheeler
    Options
    I'm actually not trolilng. I still stay within my caloric goal on MFP. I dont just pig out and eat whatever i want to lose weight. I keep it in moderation to what i should be eating. I also work out for 1-3 hours a day so I'm allowed to eat a lot. If you work out you can eat whatever you want and lose weight.

I dont know if this works for all ages or what, i know im young (19 years old) and its worked for me so far.
  • greatwestescape
    Options
    I just skimmed through this but i have to partially agree.

I'm 6'2, 222lb (~23% body fat) and 27.

I switched from eating 1600calories/day to 2000 calories/day with HIGH FATS & PROTEIN and less then 100g/carbs a day and i've gotten off the plateau.

If you eat consistently to far below your TDEE say TDEE -60%, eventually your metabolism will drop off despite the exercise.

If you exercise 1-3 hours a day (either moderate activity throughout or 1 hour intense, 2 hours lighter). I'd guess you're burning and upwards of 4500 calories a day. Even if you went to Costco and had chicken fingers and fries and had a 3500 calories that day that would still be -1000 for the day....SAYING THIS

Most people fail because they continue to eat badly on the days they dont exercise. I could rant about this, but you're also 19, the weight will come off a lot easier because your body can handle more stress ;P