I did it!!!

Options
Tonight I am proud of myself .... I have a tredmill that I've been using but tonight I wanted something more challenging, something different! So I did Leslie Sansones 4 mile walk away the pounds DVD. It was definitely a workout! I was sweating more then I do on the tredmill. She just doesn't have you walk in place there's knee lifts, kicks, arm exercises, all kinds of different cardio exercises for 60 minutes!!! I went through 3 bottles of water during this & I feel fantastic!! I turned her on mute & put on my iPod it definitely gave me more energy listening to music then her talking LOL!!! :laugh:

Now here's something I wanna try .... I want to get my butt out of bed in the morning before my fiancé & son get up & go for a walk, jog, run whatever my body is up for. The tredmill is becoming boring! I need to be outside more, I need some exercise change. Only thing is I really need the motivation to do this because I am hard to wake in the morning lol I am not a morning person but I heard that morning exercises gives you more energy throughout the day & most people feel better. I'm a sahm so I easily find myself getting sleepy during the day. I don't believe in energy drinks, pills etc so I'm hoping this works. I've tried ice coffees but they really mess with my tummy.:sick:

Replies

• RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm actually considering getting rid of my gym membership because I find the elliptical and treadmill is becoming extremely boring. Now I'm into Beachbody videos and outdoor walking/jogging/hiking. Much more entertaining.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am proud of myself .... I have a tredmill that I've been using but tonight I wanted something more challenging, something different! So I did Leslie Sansones 4 mile walk away the pounds DVD. It was definitely a workout! I was sweating more then I do on the tredmill. She just doesn't have you walk in place there's knee lifts, kicks, arm exercises, all kinds of different cardio exercises for 60 minutes!!! I went through 3 bottles of water during this & I feel fantastic!! I turned her on mute & put on my iPod it definitely gave me more energy listening to music then her talking LOL!!! :laugh:

Now here's something I wanna try .... I want to get my butt out of bed in the morning before my fiancé & son get up & go for a walk, jog, run whatever my body is up for. The tredmill is becoming boring! I need to be outside more, I need some exercise change. Only thing is I really need the motivation to do this because I am hard to wake in the morning lol I am not a morning person but I heard that morning exercises gives you more energy throughout the day & most people feel better. I'm a sahm so I easily find myself getting sleepy during the day. I don't believe in energy drinks, pills etc so I'm hoping this works. I've tried ice coffees but they really mess with my tummy.:sick:

Do you have a work out buddy? Or just a friend who will get you out of bed in the am? I use to have a friend who met me at the gym i found if I knew someone was waiting for me, i was much more likely to do it, and now I have the strength to kick my own but out of bed at 4am!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed!

If you can't find a real-life friend to get you out of the bed in the mornings, I am at least needing someone to hold me accountable to getting up early in the morning too! I think I've managed it maybe twice over the last 2 months... and it would be so much easier if I just got a walk out of the way in the early am! :)
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Treadmills are boring to me too . . . I walk on one at the gym for 5 minutes as a warm up 3 days of the week. It's the longest 5 minutes of my life, even with my iPod on. I LOVE aerobics and zumba that they offer at the gym, so that's 3 days of cardio. The other 2, I do a quick circuit training routine my trainer showed me - which is way more appealing than ellipticals or treadmills.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Hmm, I have the same problem with the treadmill getting boring. I think it is a good piece of equipment when there is no other option, as in the winter, but it does get boring. I have found lots of treadmill workouts that help kick the "DREADmill" feeling, and they do help. I would also like to get up in the morning and run before hubby/kids get up..... but sleep feels so good... I am going to check out that video you mentioned. Sounds fun!
  • angelascott919
    Options
    Good for you!!!!

Over the years we've had the treadmill (clothes hanger lol), bike and weight bench, I found them all the just be boring and it always felt like 10 minutes on those was an eternity. I enjoy Leslie Sansone dvd's, I have a couple of them and use them quite often. She moves you around so much and gets the heart pumping even more than actual walking.

Although, We like to get out and walk around our neighborhood. We change up the route and pace, sometimes we take the dog (she has arthritis and sometimes doesn't do well on long walks). My hubby and I usually talk about this and that and an hour long walk flies by.
  • Michaela722
    Options
    Good for you!!
    I'm a runner and I use my treadmill often. For me it's a life saver for the times I can't get out and run outdoors. While I'd much rather hit the road and run my miles, I like having the option to be able to have a fall back when it's too hot, or I don't have a chance to get outside.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Like most people, I get bored pretty easy too. So I have a variety of DVD's plus equipment. I really like Zumba right now - but I have Turbo Jam, Leslie Sansome's Walk Away programs, Cardio Rhythm, Slim in 6 and a bunch of Biggest Loser programs.. and more.. I also just ordered Brazilian Butt Lift and Shaun T Rockin' Body to try. I made myself commit to 45 - 60 minutes a day of exercise a day and usually just go with withever mood I am in. Sometimes I wonder if I would get different results if I did one of the programs for the 60 days (or whatever the promise du jour is) .. right now, this is working for me though.