Bye Bye Baby Weight

Options
SaraydaB
SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
edited August 2017 in Success Stories
Today I met my first goal!

I started with 204 pounds on April 22 and today 179.8 (24 lbs lost) I was this same weight when I found out I was pregnant and after having my baby I kept 10 pounds but in the course of the following year I gained 14 more pounds and felt with no energy.

I started the first two weeks eliminating white carbs and sugar (I don´t have that much of a sweet tooth) and lost the first 10 in that time... Then I joined MFP and was incorrectly logging, eye guessing sizes and eating A LOT on weekends... So I spent more than a month without losing... I went just trial and error, making little changes, reading a lot (Because I wanted to lose eating 80% or more healthy) and watching youtube videos.. I also bought a food scale (BEST DESICION EVER) and started exercising at home with weights and has fit videos..

I eat 1200 calories a day because of my sedentary lifestyle and I always feel full and drinks lots of water, if I exercise and feel hungry I eat some calories back... I feel with a lot of energy, I look Better, dropped two sizes and feel that this was the best decision ever...

My second goal is to weight 173 pounds (That´s the lowest I have ever weight) and final goal is between 150-145 pounds. I have a better relationship with food, if I want to eat chocolate one day I´ll have some, I still have more adjustments to make but I believe that slowly changes work better.

Maybe what works for someone doesn't´t necessarily works for you... try things, set small week goals and keep yourself motivated... you can be your own role model!

Replies

• jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    SaraydaB wrote: »
    Today I met my first goal!

I started with 204 pounds on April 22 and today 179.8 (24 lbs lost) I was this same weight when I found out I was pregnant and after having my baby I kept 10 pounds but in the course of the following year I gained 14 more pounds and felt with no energy.

I started the first two weeks eliminating white carbs and sugar (I don´t have that much of a sweet tooth) and lost the first 10 in that time... Then I joined MFP and was incorrectly logging, eye guessing sizes and eating A LOT on weekends... So I spent more than a month without losing... I went just trial and error, making little changes, reading a lot (Because I wanted to lose eating 80% or more healthy) and watching youtube videos.. I also bought a food scale (BEST DESICION EVER) and started exercising at home with weights and has fit videos..

I eat 1200 calories a day because of my sedentary lifestyle and I always feel full and drinks lots of water, if I exercise and feel hungry I eat some calories back... I feel with a lot of energy, I look Better, dropped two sizes and feel that this was the best decision ever...

My second goal is to weight 173 pounds (That´s the lowest I have ever weight) and final goal is between 150-145 pounds. I have a better relationship with food, if I want to eat chocolate one day I´ll have some, I still have more adjustments to make but I believe that slowly changes work better.

Maybe what works for someone doesn't´t necessarily works for you... try things, set small week goals and keep yourself motivated... you can be your own role model!

That's awesome!! Great work meeting your first goal! I agree, you know your body the best so do what works for you! As long as you're feeling great and clothes are getting loose/fitting better then truck on! B)
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first goal, what an achievement!!
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @SaraydaB Our stories are so similar. I started april 21 at 203 and currently weigh 181. My goal is 150. So many similarities. You are doing amazing.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I started pregnancy at 210lbs and got up to 227lbs on delivery day. The next time I weighed, baby was 2 weeks old and I was 195lbs. Baby is now 9 months and I'm at 165lbs.

I'm still about 25 pounds above a normal BMI but I am at my lowest ever adult weight. Ha.. I am lower than I was in high school.

Honestly, weight loss during postpartum has been one of my greatest successes. My baby has been a great motivator. I love being a healthier fitter person so I can be a better role model for my girl as she grows up.
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @SaraydaB Our stories are so similar. I started april 21 at 203 and currently weigh 181. My goal is 150. So many similarities. You are doing amazing.

Wow!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!