Life Hacks: Drunk and Walking

Options
Am I the only one who can run 10km+ and moves around a lot when drunk? If you are, just take a low-cal whiskey or vodka (tastes like crap) with diet coke (aspartame-free) and you'll end up burning like 600 calories+ from moving around the whole night (with friends or whoever else you're with). After the calories for the drink (400 or so, if you want to get dusted), you lose 200 cals. + while also having a super fun night. Works for me, but might not work for you XD

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Low cal whiskey? Running a 10K drunk? I enjoy my booze daily but I am afraid you lost me on these.
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Low cal whiskey? Running a 10K drunk? I enjoy my booze daily but I am afraid you lost me on these.

I meant higher alc. content (ex. 20-40% shot, then quick drink of diet-coke after). And when I'm out of it, I feel very energetic. Like I can walk for an hour or more without feeling tired. I also feel like doing push-ups and moving around a lot. The running around a 10km was kind of an expression for moving a lot. Also, if you drink daily, it might have an effect on your resistance and be different. I'm super casual with my drinking and like I said before, everyone's different. I'm directing to those who are like me when out of it.
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    Because vodka is pretty low cal. in comparison to beer
  • myfitnessjourneyto180
    Options
    Erm. Sounds like a fun way to get hit by a car!

Sober friends :) open fields XD
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My favorite whiskey (Jameson) is 69 calories a shot...so 400 calories would be almost 6 shots...I would not be walking, much less running, after half a dozen shots all at once.

If however, you are talking about the course of an evening out, perhaps a 9pm - 2am timeframe with dancing and milling about a club, then 6 shots is within reason, but I'm not sure a 600 calorie burn is no matter how much dancing I do...ballroom dancing is about 200 calories an hour assuming no break...even more intense dancing isn't going to burn all that much assuming you are dancing a few songs, then returning to your drink. And that doesn't even count any food or snacking for the evening.

I'm pretty sure my nights out rack up a calorie surplus, not a calorie deficit - but if you are losing weight drinking, more power to ya!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure your liver dislikes this plan.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I drink regularly, and occasionally dance while drinking, but... This seems like a bad plan to me. Depending on your body size, 600 calories is a lot to burn, and when I'm drinking, I wouldn't expect to have an accurate perception of how much I really moved (although an activity tracker would still be reasonably accurate). Unless you're drinking a hydrating beverage during this time, dehydration could be a real issue. Then there are coordination issues, raising the risk of injury depending on what type of exercise you're doing. Additionally, alcohol can impair your body's ability to recover from exercise. Overall, I keep my workouts and my drinking separate, just a personal preference, if it's working for you, have fun.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who can run 10km+ and moves around a lot when drunk? If you are, just take a low-cal whiskey or vodka (tastes like crap) with diet coke (aspartame-free) and you'll end up burning like 600 calories+ from moving around the whole night (with friends or whoever else you're with). After the calories for the drink (400 or so, if you want to get dusted), you lose 200 cals. + while also having a super fun night. Works for me, but might not work for you XD

Do you also post when you're drunk? Because I do and it sounds like this. lol... :p
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Alcohol consumption postpones fat burning.. so its not doing any good.

I prefer to sit and enjoy my drinks, relax and pay for it tomorrow by not running the 10K I had planned..
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I move around a lot when I'm drunk too.

bviz5aesbdrv.gif
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I usually walk home from the bar when i go our drinking