Growing appetitie ?

Options
Hi guys ..

I was on a cut for 10 months .. just started to get back to my maintenance calories to take a 3 to 4 weeks break

The problem is .. after a week from going back to my maintenace calories im starting to feel hungry !

Could it be something with my metabolism ?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It's more likely to be what you are eating. Are you eating proportionately more of something? For example, if I eat something sweet, it makes me feel hungry. For some folks it's carbs, for other folks it's something else.
    Are you drinking less? Exercising less so you have more time to think about food? Some change is making you hungry but your metabolism is unlikely to be it.
  • Joseph94x
    Joseph94x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's more likely to be what you are eating. Are you eating proportionately more of something? For example, if I eat something sweet, it makes me feel hungry. For some folks it's carbs, for other folks it's something else.
    Are you drinking less? Exercising less so you have more time to think about food? Some change is making you hungry but your metabolism is unlikely to be it.

I increased my veggis and carbs but how would that unsatisty me more ?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Carbs make me hungrier. Try having protein, fat and carbs in every meal and snack. Are you hitting your protein and fat goals every day?
  • Joseph94x
    Joseph94x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Carbs make me hungrier. Try having protein, fat and carbs in every meal and snack. Are you hitting your protein and fat goals every day?

Im not getting the logic behind it .. protein yea , for fats its less consistent
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fat is very satiating and you might find you get less hungry if you try and have a balance of protein, carbs and fat in your meals. That is what my experience has been, anyway. It is worth a try and also, if you have come off a cut, your body is probably trying to play catch-up after a long period of lower food intake.