50 plus motivating

Options
13»

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm 67 and have lost over 60 lbs but it took about 4 years.....LOL That worked for me, lost the first 45 fairly quickly then the rest at a snail's pace until this year when I cranked up the cardio (StairMaster........ugh).

I've been lifting weights for almost 4 years now and the results have been dramatic in my opinion. It doesn't help that much with a deficit but even at my "advanced" years it has totally changed the shape and form of my body. I'm strong and muscular with no loose skin (everyone's potential fear) and I feel great.

Don't be afraid to work hard at any age.

Wishing everyone here great success!

b4dctbhcbhpw.jpg
  • 56Marigolds
    56Marigolds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I'm 61 years old. My entire life I never even thought about what I weighed. I've always been on slender side. Now? Please. In the past 2 years I've gained 9 lbs and am having an awful time trying to get rid of it. I looked up how many calories I should be eating to lose weight and its 1100! How does a person survive on that? I'm constantly hungry and thinking about food and to make matters worse, I haven't lost any weight.

Yes, I weigh my food. I'm 5'4 130 lbs. I know that's the mid range for my weight-height but it doesn't feel good on me. All my clothes are tight and I just don't like how I look or feel. I would be happy to weigh 125.

I work out. I lift weights 2x a week. I'm able to lift 90 lbs on the bench for 1 rep so its not as though I'm not working to exhaustion. I also do 6 other weight bearing exercises. I do the treadmill, I try for 3x a week but don't always make it.

I completely understand and agree that its CICO - but seriously, how much less can I eat? I don't eat back exercise calories and even if I did, its not that many calories anyway. I know, I know, I'm probably eating more than I realize.

I'm really frustrated.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • RobinSabbath
    RobinSabbath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. This is my 1st time posting to this board. I've been on MFP off and on for about a year and I never accomplished one goal. My dad had a heart attack a few weeks ago and that made me stop and take a look at what I've been doing to myself. So, today marks the 10th day that I've been smoke free!! Now I need to incorporate healthy eating and exercise habits. I currently weigh 260lbs and my goal weight is 170lbs.

So I'm asking folks here to help me by holding me accountable and by motivating me to do the best I can. I'm on this new journey one day at a time.
  • andreab861
    andreab861 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well! It's so inspiring to read all these posts. I started back on MFP Sept 1st and am really motivated to change my habits. Would love to give and receive support on this journey!
  • Twigs92mom
    Twigs92mom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    57 and need to make some life changes!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you doing well, really, or are you trying to accomplish a journey of a thousand days in a week?
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    56 and mostly maintaining on here--Lost 28# 3 years ago on MFP and have stayed on, still logging. Gained some during a difficult winter and aim to relose another 5 lbs or so. Feel free to add me!
  • Doinitin2015
    Doinitin2015 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love this discussion to read about others in my age range and being so successful ...I hope you all now motivate me!
  • bcsaludares
    bcsaludares Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, 62 and back at it. Started at the gym yesterday and the diet too--I'm really determined this time but like the rest of you, old enough to know that it's easier to achieve the goal with people to help motivate!