Weight loss

Options
I am currently trying to lose 2 lbs per week by eating 1091 calories a day, I just want to make sure I am eating the right foods. As of now I will have a banana and apple for breakfast and lunch will be chicken, broccoli and red potatoes. For a snack maybe some hummus and pretzel chips. Dinner usually two eggs with some beans.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? 1091 is most likely too low and 2 pounds a week is probably not sustainable.
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Recommendations are above 1200 net for women and 1500 net for men.
  • bentleytino2010
    bentleytino2010 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not sure what my stats are, how can I find those? i used a calorie calculator and it gave me the 1091 a day, and i have read that 2 lbs a week is a good pace to lose weight at so not sure, i am on week three and have been actually doing good on this calorie count
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Not sure what my stats are, how can I find those? i used a calorie calculator and it gave me the 1091 a day, and i have read that 2 lbs a week is a good pace to lose weight at so not sure, i am on week three and have been actually doing good on this calorie count

Age, height, and weight. And unless you have 75+ pounds to lose, 2 pounds a week is too aggressive and can lead to a greater amount of muscle loss.
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    Sorry forgot to mention I do cardio 4 to 5 times a week and burn 400 to 500 calories so in actuality I'm eating about 1300 to 1500 cals a day
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    your food choices sound really good, but i don't think that is enough calories, i would be starving all the time.
    oK - now i see your new post. so if you are eating 1500 calories per day, that sounds pretty good.
    how long have you been at this? how much have you lost?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying to lose 2 lbs per week by eating 1091 calories a day, I just want to make sure I am eating the right foods. As of now I will have a banana and apple for breakfast and lunch will be chicken, broccoli and red potatoes. For a snack maybe some hummus and pretzel chips. Dinner usually two eggs with some beans.

What is your height, current weight, goal weight, age.
    Do you use a kitchen scale to measure portions.
    How long have you been doing this and how much have you lost so far?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

What is your height, current weight, goal weight, age.
    Do you use a kitchen scale to measure portions.
    How long have you been doing this and how much have you lost so far?

OP isn't measuring, just eyeballing food as per another thread.
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    5'2 148 and goal weight 140, I've already lost 7 1bs in about 4 weeks, no I just eyeball my food
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    I'm 30 years old
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5'2 148 and goal weight 140, I've already lost 7 1bs in about 4 weeks, no I just eyeball my food

if you have already lost 7 lbs then it sounds like you are doing well. stick with what you are doing.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

So you are just outside the healthy weight range for your height, you should really be aiming for more like 1 lb per week. Since you are eyeballing portions you are probably eating more than you think. That's fine if you get the results you want, but important to keep in mind. Personally, if your rate of loss doesn't naturally slow down soon, I would eat a little more, to stabilize at @ 1 lb per week average, so you don't lose too much muscle and/or burn out.

The specific foods you eat won't directly affect your weight loss, just keep an eye on your numbers in your diary to make sure you are getting enough protein, fat, and fiber. Good luck!
  • bentleytino2010
    Options
    Thank you!