Losing Armpit Fat

Options
I know you can't spot reduce, but has anyone had luck slimming down the armpit fat area with overall fat loss? Does strength training help?

This is my problem area and I'm just looking for some motivation. Thanks! :)

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Any overall body fat reduction will help, and strength training is always a good thing. :)
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i have noticed a definite loss in that area after losing weight. i don't know of anything i am really doing intentionally, it's just coming-off that area, and my bbs. :smile:
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I've lost quite a bit there, but unfortunately I did end up with some loose skin which means I am not as defined as I would like in that area. Nothing to do in my case but wait and hope the skin shrinks over time.

Strength training won't help with fat loss but can increase the appearance of definition and fill out skin by making your muscles larger.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It really does seem to be getting better over time and even past the point of hitting my maintenance zone. For reference, I had a loss of about 130 lb. I do have some loose skin in my armpit area but not a crazy amount. I don't wear a lot of sleeveless clothing and I continue to buy supportive structured bras and I find that's very helpful.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lost fat there along w/the rest. Instead of being flat, they are now concave and hollowed out.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It can be made worse if you're wearing the wrong sized bra, sometimes what we think is armpit fat is misplaced breast tissue. Assuming OP is female and for any female reading.....