What's your weight loss pattern?

I've noticed that my body tends to drop scale weight in spurts. I'll have weeks when the scale won't budge despite me doing everything right and then boom! I'll drop anywhere from two to four pounds over a few days...once I dropped six pounds over three days. This has been my consistent weight loss pattern and even though it's nice to see huge drops when they happen, I'd almost rather see a smaller loss on a weekly basis. So I'm curious, does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    I do the exact same thing - I'll actually yoyo with 2-3 lbs, and then boom, be at 2 lbs below my previous low and lose another 1-2 lbs over the next couple of days. It's been like that since I started this journey! It's for that reason I actually weigh every day - cuz I never know where/when the drop is going to be! Glad I'm not the only one! :)
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    I lost weight weekly, lb one week nothing the next then 3-4lbs and so on.
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    I do the exact same thing - I'll actually yoyo with 2-3 lbs, and then boom, be at 2 lbs below my previous low and lose another 1-2 lbs over the next couple of days. It's been like that since I started this journey! It's for that reason I actually weigh every day - cuz I never know where/when the drop is going to be! Glad I'm not the only one! :)

I weigh daily for this same reason too! I used to weigh in weekly and would always be discouraged because the scale didn't move so I thought I was doing something wrong. Now that I do it daily and can see the patterns it's so much easier on me mentally...plus I can see the drops when they occur.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    I don't weigh daily. I just weight weekly and some days I'm surprised and others I'm not. I just hope for 2 pounds a week, but sometimes I do three, and others I have done five pounds in a week.

Week One: 6 pounds

Week Two: 2 pounds

Week 3: 5 pounds

Week 4: 3 pounds

Week 5: 3 pounds

Week 6: I'll find out Wednesday!

I don't weigh myself every day because your weight fluctuates all the time. Weighing yourself at the same time each weigh-in, either before or after breakfast, shows actual weight loss because everything else is controlled/the same. That's why I do it.

If you want to weigh yourself to see the most you have lost. Don't eat after 6 p.m. Get up in the morning, go to the bathroom and then weigh yourself naked. Personally, I don't have a scale because I think we can get too obsessed about numbers. This weight loss for me is about getting healthy.
  • I weigh myself every 3-4 days. It is normal for your body to fluctuate QUITE A BIT on a daily basis. I use body fat % instead of my effect on gravity as a indicator LOL

I drop in spurts as well. I be doing really well for 6 or 7 days and have no noticeable change but by day 9 or 10, i'll be down 1% or 2-3lb on the scale.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    do not own a scale.
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    ..I lose weight in only a few months of the year.... my major weight loss time is now to the late part of September, then I wont lose for the rest of the year, and then It starts again XD
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    It's usually something like, "Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing... DOWN THREE POUNDS! Up one pound!" Then repeat. The trend, overall, is a downward one; however, it's definitely not a steady decline.
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    That was happening with me when I was only jogging. I would see nothing and then bam 3 pounds would be gone, then nothing and then another 2. When I started the eating right, cardio and weights I would see a pound a week.
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    For me it is usually a few inches will come off, but the scale doesn't move for weeks. Then bam the scale will jump down a lot. I also find that as my sodium level goes, so goes my weight.