Meal plans

Options
It would be useful to have a meal plan where every meal is planned for me. Does anyone know if this is available? I have the weight watchers ones but I end up putting on weight with these!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can find free generic ones online to suit different caloric requirements, or pay someone to write one for you. You could use the weight watchers ones as a guideline, enter the food in to your diary and manipulate foods and portions to suit your calorie goal.

Using a meal plan can be helpful, but it doesn't really make you understand food and portions. You can also feel restricted to certain foods and meal structure, often eating things that aren't what you'd choose to eat, or when you'd choose to eat. Why not try to make your own meal plan? During the week I eat pretty much the same meals each day, but it's a "meal plan" I've designed for myself based on my schedule, preferences for meal size, and food choices.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Agreed.

RESEARCH. RESEARCH. RESEARCH.
    Google 'Low fat' meal plans.
    Save them and adapt them to suit you.
    Start with a simple Five day plan.
    Shop and cook in bulk and freeze some of the meals so you have some for lunches at work or weekends

I have been on this journey a long time. Part of the key to sticking to this commitment. Is planning.
    You are in control of what goes into your body and how much. You control, additives. flavour. Sodium, and added nutrients.

Eating wholesome, nourishing food, ( It doesn't have to be fancy), will mean you are the master of your destiny.
    Processed foods are always going to be part of our diets, but aim for 70% fresh whole food, prepared at home.
    As you go along and become more confident, you can add more meals and try new ingredients.

Buying fresh produce in season will keep costs down, and consider meat free meals, ( Dahls, Vegetable Curry, Stir frys, Frittatas).

Good luck
  • ironmelanie
    ironmelanie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few sites that do this now: cooking light diet and meal prep pro are two off the top of my head. They give you a plan, recipes and a shopping list. You can make subs or put in some of your own recipes too.

I've also noticed in my town there are a ton of meal prep businesses popping up. Both local small businesses, and our grocery store is building a large facility to grow their meal prep and prepared foods business. You could try googling in your area to see if you have similar options.
  • IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have my meals planned myself for the whole day and written out in my tracker before lunchtime. It makes it easier knowing what I'm going to eat ahead of time without picking something at the last minute.
  • cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There's a meal plan I quite enjoy for weight loss for 7 days that came with the bodylogix cleanse I did. You can find it online on their website.

Otherwise I just make my own meal plan based on recipes I find on YouTube and meal prep once or twice a week. Simplifies life for me. Go on YouTube and search meal prep for weight loss. Flavcity is one of my fave channels.