What the health....

Options
Who has watched this? It's so horribly confusing and disgusting! Think I might never eat again!!!

But seriously, what on earth does one then eat? Or put on kids sandwiches?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Not eating would lead to dying. Eating leads to dying. Vegans die too. They also get sick.
    Eat what you enjoy, and what makes you feel good physically and mentally.

(also question everything you are told, and everything you believe. Make your own choices, don't be brainwashed by a mockumentary)
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Agree! Lol. My oldest son and my husband would literally die if I didn't feed them meat. It is at least good to hear that you can get just as much if not more protein from veggies so will stop forcing my younger son to eat meat....

The entire "right way" to eat is very confusing! As you say, eat what you enjoy
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of "What the Health," but vegans eat everything on earth except for animal products. That includes grains, fruit, vegetables, fungus, nuts/seeds, and beans. It's a wide variety of food.

Vegan sandwiches can be made of nut butters, jelly/jam, roasted vegetables (mushrooms, red pepper, tomatoes), vegan cheese and meat substitutes, hummus, raw vegetables, chickpea or lentil salads, condiments, pickled vegetables, bean burgers . . . just about anything.

Some foods I've made recently: black bean soup, seitan sausages, pickled green beans, gazpacho, pulled jackfruit sandwiches, tacos with beans and greens, black-eyed pea soup, Japanese-style broth and vegetables with tofu, tempeh bacon, brown rice and lentils, avocado-tomato salsa, tempeh and pickled vegetable sandwiches, elbow macaroni with fennel and walnuts, bourbon-braised mustard greens, and curried red lentil soup.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Linseymout wrote: »
    Agree! Lol. My oldest son and my husband would literally die if I didn't feed them meat. It is at least good to hear that you can get just as much if not more protein from veggies so will stop forcing my younger son to eat meat....

The entire "right way" to eat is very confusing! As you say, eat what you enjoy

When those ideas are presented, they are generally based on info per 100cals. Eating sufficient calories of, say, broccoli to get the same amount of protein as a piece of steak would be hard to stomach, and not sustainable for many people. There are many sources of plant based protein, but it can take good planning to get enough, and a variety to get enough of the essential aminos
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Lol not another thread there has been like 60, search the forums ! There are some great insightful responses I've read that will answer your questions.