Needing all the help I can get

Hello everyone! Well I will start off my introducing myself. My name is Cara and I am from a town just north of Denver, Colorado. I am 37 years old, a dispatcher for a trucking company (too many hours sitting on my booty), wife and step mother to two beautiful girls ages 10 and 9, I have been a vegetarian since the beginning of this year.

I am currently 196 lbs and not happy at all. I am only 5'4" so this is def not a healthy weight for me. I try and go to the gym when I can but limited to what workouts I can do due to injuries.

I would like any help I can to determine what Macros I should follow for weightloss.

Any help would really be helpful as I feel very lost!

Thanks in advance!
Cara

Replies

• lmr37
    lmr37 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi Cara. My name is Linda. I want to limit my carbs to 20 per day. Can't find a way to set that. I too am so unhappy with my weight. I work nights and my sleeping during the day is terrible. I would like to go vegan but am leery about being able to do that.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    You sound like me, Cara. The macros can be helpful, but they can also be frustrating. Can you just ignore them and enter in calories? Maybe something about vegetarianism that's specifically important to macros? But I'm not a vegetarian, so I don't know.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Hi Cara! I hope you will be thrilled to hear that macros don't mean anything for weightloss, and that you can lose weight without exercise. All you have to do, is consistently eat fewer calories than your body burns (through keeping you alive, digestion, moving etc). Myfitnesspal will have given you a calorie goal to hit when you signed up. (If you don't have that goal, get it - set your weekly rate to 2 pounds.) If you eat that amount every day, you lose weight. But you need to log your intake correctly to be sure you are eating that many calories (and not more). Get yourself an electronic food scale (15 dollars) and use it on everything, pick correct entries and never leave anything out. If you do this, you will steadily lose weight. After you've lost some weight, maybe 20 pounds, go to settings again and pick "1.5 pounds" as weekly goal, and eat that many calories. Reduce weight loss rate again a couple of times as you approach whatever weight you feel comfortable with.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me as a friend.