Dumbbell/Barbell Workout Programme

Options
Hey guys. I would just like to ask if any of you can point out to me a Dumbbell+Barbell Workout Programme for Mass building.

I'm currently studying abroad, and finding time to hit a gym is hard, not to mention travelling and all of that. Also I kind of prefer to workout at home, considering I have the necessary equipment (Interchangeable Weight Dumbbells, Barbell & EZ Bar) left behind courtesy of the previous guy who stayed in the house.

I have looked at the Workout Programmes that were recommended, but most of them require a Gym environment unfortunately (Heavy weights for Squats, Pull-Up bars, Dips etc). Thanks in advance!

Replies

• susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Not speaking from experience, because I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard GREAT things about Strong Lift 5X%, and skimming over it, it sure looks like an effective program to me: https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Don't know how it works for "mass building" but you could check out Maxworkouts by shin otake. You can so all of his workouts at home with barbells or Dumbbells.
  • Deadships
    Deadships Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for the replies. The 5x5 looks good. However I don't have rack to play the barbell on to perform squats etc. I'll try to figure a way out for that. And Maxworkouts requires me to pay 40$, which I'm not sure if I'm willing to do that. No idea if it will even work for me...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Deadships wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for the replies. The 5x5 looks good. However I don't have rack to play the barbell on to perform squats etc. I'll try to figure a way out for that. And Maxworkouts requires me to pay 40$, which I'm not sure if I'm willing to do that. No idea if it will even work for me...

If you have access to a home improvement store/lumber yard and are any bit handy check out Google or Pinterest for ideas on building your own rack.