Coconut Oil

124»

Replies

• maryhannold
    maryhannold Posts: 37 Member
    Do you make Chocolate Delight?
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    It's a nice fat, tasty, and has a lot of uses but none of the uses is weight loss, in case you read that.
  • megganxrose
    megganxrose Posts: 30 Member
    I use it in my hair, as a makeup remover, and to cook with.
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    We use it, but the Nutiva Organic Unrefined 15 ounce two pack on Amazon.

One goes in the bathroom- we use it as lube, face cleanser, make-up remover, face/body moisturizer, add sugar to it for a scrub, etc.

One goes in the kitchen- the dogs eat it for skin/coat benefits, we use it for lots of cooking/smoothies/etc.

Love it and will never be without it.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    I put it in my coffee and on tuna fish. I'm also doing Keto, so it helps to have the fats.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    It is the only facial moisturizer I use! I use it to brush my teeth ( yes), I use it on my hair. I also cook with it, eat it on it's own on occasions. It acts as a natural antibiotic and antiviral. I use the unrefined organic as well. Love the way it smells, love the way it heals boo boos! It's the new windex ; )
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    I made fried chicken with it for dinner last night:

2z6hu00.jpg

I also fry my eggs with it, cook stir-fry with it, moisturize my hair and hands with it, etc.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Microwave for 10 seconds. Pour all over dry hair. Wrap tightly. Wait 1 to 3 hours (or overnight if you can). Rinse with apple cider vinegar. Shampoo with sulfate-free shampoo, and condition with cone-free conditioner. Enjoy your perfect hair.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    I use it for cooking, and add a little to some smoothies. (Pear avocado vanilla protein and a tad of coconut oil is amazing) Sometimes I use a bit for moisturizing too...I love what it does but my partner doesn't care for the scent.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    I'm a closet LHCer so I use extra virgin coconut oil on my hair, makes it soft and amazeballs smelling :)
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    3.5 table spoons of unrefined organic oil is the therapeutic dose. That's best part of 500 calories. I'm willing to sacrifice something else or exercise more if the health benefits warrant it but do they? Anyone know?
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I use it in baked goods. I love that little bit of coconut taste in my cakes and cookies! I also use it in my homemade cosmetics too. Particularly my nighttime body butter, soap, day cream (in drier months), and makeup remover. It's a great multi-purpose oil.

Oh! I forgot. I use it in my hair treatment too blended with mustard seed, castor, and a few essential oils. It makes it smell great and leaves my hair super soft.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    I use it for cooking all the time. Make sure you use virgin coconut oil though, because non-virgin might contain trans fats.

Coconut oil is great because it can withstand high temperatures and while other baking oils might produce trans fats under high temperatures, coconut oil does not.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    It is the only facial moisturizer I use! I use it to brush my teeth ( yes), I use it on my hair. I also cook with it, eat it on it's own on occasions. It acts as a natural antibiotic and antiviral. I use the unrefined organic as well. Love the way it smells, love the way it heals boo boos! It's the new windex ; )

It is known to clog your pores though, so if someone has acne or acne prone skin, don't use coconut oil on your face. :)