Oppo ice cream in UK

GrumpyHeadmistress
GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Anyone managed to find this in the uk? Apparently it's meant to be our equivalent of halo top.

Replies

• SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Ocado sell it
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    I found it in heron foods in town. It wasn't anything spectacular.

Oo thanks. Might try there.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Waitrose do it, going to pick some up next time I'm in one.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Waitrose do it, going to pick some up next time I'm in one.

Sadly I'm in an area with no Waitrose nearby and I refuse to do an Ocado order just for ice cream. I'm not that desperate. Yet.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Co-op sell it. It's really nice but expensive. A rare treat.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress

Rang round all my local coops and sadly none of them stock it. I'm in the grim Midlands, the land the food innovation goes to die.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress

Rang round all my local coops and sadly none of them stock it. I'm in the grim Midlands, the land the food innovation goes to die.

You want to try and live in the *kitten* end of cumbria....now THAT'S grim.

But pretty? All we have is abandoned coal mines and steel works
  • GrumpyHeadmistress

But pretty? All we have is abandoned coal mines and steel works

I suppose if you travel out a bit....we have a shipyard and an old slag bank lol

Edit before anyone is offended slag is the by product of melting ore for iron.

Snigger, you win!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I love Oppo. I think they have stockists listed on their website. Someone said it's expensive but it's no more than a tub of Ben and Kerry's and Waitrose have had it on offer at least once. Love the stuff!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    edited August 2017
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I love Oppo. I think they have stockists listed on their website. Someone said it's expensive but it's no more than a tub of Ben and Kerry's and Waitrose have had it on offer at least once. Love the stuff!

Sadly my closest Waitrose is a "melty ice cream" distance away. Gonna try Heron Foods tomorrow as @suzannesimmons3 suggested
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Holland and Barrett sell it. I haven't tried it yet tho
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 402 Member
    I've been living off Oppo ice cream all summer. It's absolutely delicious, particularly the salted caramel and the chocolate flavours. I'm not a fan of mint in ice cream so I don't like the mint flavour, but there's that one and vanilla also to try. I've been buying it in Whole Foods (I'm in London) and it's been on special offer a few times.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    harrynt wrote: »
    Hi GrumpyHeadmistress, it's Harry here from Oppo.

We're a pretty new startup but are gaining new stockists quickly so hopefully there will be one near you - you can find our list here: www.oppoicecream.co.uk/storefinder - best to call up the store first to check they're in stock before you make a trip. You can also get a £1 voucher there as well - we're about to announce some new stockists in Autumn so hopefully there will be more near you.

Heron foods aren't actually a stockist - they did sell a batch last year but there was an issue with freezers and it meant that it wasn't stored/transported correctly, so sorry suzannesimons3 - that might be why it wasn't up to standards when you tried a tub from there. We'll try to get some more stockists in Cumbria too! Thanks scarlett_k, Karenbeckwith5 and vintagefeline, hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
    Harry

Thanks Harry! I'll try Holland and Barrett today.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    harrynt wrote: »
    Hi GrumpyHeadmistress, it's Harry here from Oppo.

We're a pretty new startup but are gaining new stockists quickly so hopefully there will be one near you - you can find our list here: www.oppoicecream.co.uk/storefinder - best to call up the store first to check they're in stock before you make a trip. You can also get a £1 voucher there as well - we're about to announce some new stockists in Autumn so hopefully there will be more near you.

Heron foods aren't actually a stockist - they did sell a batch last year but there was an issue with freezers and it meant that it wasn't stored/transported correctly, so sorry suzannesimons3 - that might be why it wasn't up to standards when you tried a tub from there. We'll try to get some more stockists in Cumbria too! Thanks scarlett_k, Karenbeckwith5 and vintagefeline, hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
    Harry

Thanks Harry! I'll try Holland and Barrett today.

If they don't have it they can order it in for you.
    I love it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    mlinci wrote: »
    I've been living off Oppo ice cream all summer. It's absolutely delicious, particularly the salted caramel and the chocolate flavours. I'm not a fan of mint in ice cream so I don't like the mint flavour, but there's that one and vanilla also to try. I've been buying it in Whole Foods (I'm in London) and it's been on special offer a few times.

I haven't tried the chocolate one yet. I'll have to try it.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Well that's me off to the local co-op
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    No luck at Holland and Barrett so might have to ask them to order it in.
  • harrynt
    harrynt Posts: 2 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Well that's me off to the local co-op

Great, worth calling ahead to check if they have oppo ice cream in stock!
    No luck at Holland and Barrett so might have to ask them to order it in.

Thanks, hope you manage to get some! I'm obviously biased but it will be worth it :wink:
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    ok, so my nearest stockist is just under 2 miles away, Im wondering if I could get it home before it melts...dont drive so would have to walk.
    I know less than 2 miles is not far as walking goes but I might have to eat it on the way home lol
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Assuming you don't walk super slow it will be fine. Our Waitrose is a 20 minute drive away and I've happily picked some up there, put it in the car and gone to some other shops before heading home. You could always take a cooler bag or if you don't have one of those a jiffy bag to pop it in as the bubble wrap will help to insulate it.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Assuming you don't walk super slow it will be fine. Our Waitrose is a 20 minute drive away and I've happily picked some up there, put it in the car and gone to some other shops before heading home. You could always take a cooler bag or if you don't have one of those a jiffy bag to pop it in as the bubble wrap will help to insulate it.

lol no I seem to walk alot quicker when I have the pushchair to push so looks like me and the littlest beast will be taking a walk this week lol
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    mbaby86 wrote: »

lol no I seem to walk alot quicker when I have the pushchair to push so looks like me and the littlest beast will be taking a walk this week lol

You could always eat it as you walk...
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member

Calories don't count when both standing up and moving.
  • MoveitlikeManda

Calories don't count when both standing up and moving.

I was thinking this, would also mean I wouldn't have to share with the beast as he would not be able to see me eating it from the pushchair lol
  • michelletowle52
    michelletowle52 Posts: 33 Member

[

• amos41
    amos41 Posts: 10 Member
    Buy get one half price at Holland and Barrett now
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    amos41 wrote: »
    Buy get one half price at Holland and Barrett now

Argh! If only one nearby stocked them!
  • robm1brown
    robm1brown Posts: 71 Member

I'm Hensingham *kitten* end enough?