Halo Top Chocolate has some competition

Options
jasummers76
jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
g7zr3529o08x.jpg
gqpj2hyqiq1i.jpg

Both are chocolate. The Mrs picked the Breyers bottom photo up today at Jewel today as it was 2 dollars cheaper than the Halo Top with very similar nutritional stats.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    g7zr3529o08x.jpg
    3ea2cdw83diw.jpg

Both are chocolate. The Mrs picked the Breyers up today at Jewel as it was 2 dollars cheaper than the Halo Top with very similar nutritional stats

That's the same picture?
  • jasummers76
    Options
    g7zr3529o08x.jpg
    3ea2cdw83diw.jpg

Both are chocolate. The Mrs picked the Breyers up today at Jewel as it was 2 dollars cheaper than the Halo Top with very similar nutritional stats

That's the same picture?

Sorry Corrected it in the original post.
  • jasummers76
    Options
    The Breyers tastes pretty darn good. Would not mind the switch. But Halo is cheaper at WalMart wife just ran to Jewel today as it is 5 minutes from the house.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I tried one of the bryer's flavors and I liked it better than halo top. But it only comes in 4 flavors and I only like one of them. Halo top goes on sale for $2.88/pint around here. I haven't seen the breyer's for anywhere near that. Kind of a bummer because i really did like it a lot better (texture & flavor were both much better IMO than halo top).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Erythritol and I don't get along. I can't eat any of these ice creams.

Fortunately, there's a protein ice cream recipe floating around on here that scratches that itch for me, and it's a lot cheaper to make.
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Fortunately, there's a protein ice cream recipe floating around on here that scratches that itch for me, and it's a lot cheaper to make.

Can u eat the Yasso Greek Yogurt bars? Theyre pretty good.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    mlsh1969 wrote: »

Can u eat the Yasso Greek Yogurt bars? Theyre pretty good.

Guar gum is a bit iffy with my IBS. I've had them, they are tasty.
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    American calorie calculation seems to be really complicated...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like the Breyer's stuff... it doesn't leave the artificial aftertaste in my mouth like Halo Top does. I didn't find it creamy at all though... just not as satisfying as the real thing.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Wonder if they are available in Canada? Probably not.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Enlightened's Chocolate Ice Cream > Halo Top's Chocolate Ice Cream > Breyer's Chocolate Ice Cream

Seriously, nothing beats Enlightened, they're very underrated! A lot creamier than Halo Top and for their flavored pints they have A LOT more mix-ins (don't eve get me started on Enlightened's Chocolate Peanut Butter pint which has so many SOLID CHUNKS of peanut butter)!!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Enlightened's Chocolate Ice Cream > Halo Top's Chocolate Ice Cream > Breyer's Chocolate Ice Cream

Seriously, nothing beats Enlightened, they're very underrated! A lot creamier than Halo Top and for their flavored pints they have A LOT more mix-ins (don't eve get me started on Enlightened's Chocolate Peanut Butter pint which has so many SOLID CHUNKS of peanut butter)!!!!

But a bad aftertaste :(