Ready to lose

Options
I have read & am so encouraged by your stories. I am 5'1 and 155. My goal is to lose 40-45 pounds. It has been an emotional year. I lost my dear friend to cancer in December. Then, my sister died suddenly in January due to a massive brain bleed caused by high blood pressure, ultimately caused but toxic obesity. She was so dear & would do anything for anyone but neglected herself. At any rate, emotions have created a negative impact and food has been a crutch. It's time to end the constant eating & start exercising and eating healthy. I can use any encouragement. My cholesterol is off the charts due to stress & junk food. A change is in order.

Replies

• amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your losses. I can't imagine going through that. I wish you luck on your weight loss journey.
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So sorry about all your losses @Teamadden . My advice to you would be to take it slow, make small attainable changes first which will lead to bigger ones and long term success. And make sure you get a good scale to weigh everything, it really makes all the difference. Good luck!
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Im sorry to hear about you terrible year. Its so difficult to lose a close friend. Think of her when you are tempted to give up, and be determined that it wont happen to you. You may have naturally high cholesterol, so don't be too disheartened if it doesn't drop as much as you would like.
    Remember that this is a lifestyle change, and not a quick fix, it will get better. good luck.
  • smd436
    smd436 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you've had so much loss. That's so very sad. Hopefully the food gave you some solace when you really needed it.

What worked for me this year (down 25 lbs, 3 pounds from goal) was shifting to exercise to manage stress. It took awhile for it to become habit, but now I rely on it to stay balanced. Also, I got honest with myself with tracking on MFP, rather than just tracking at times when I made smart choices. It can be difficult to see my poorer food choices in print, but it really makes a difference.

This is my first post on MFP, btw. I really wanted to wish you well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!