Cheat weekend?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    A couple of days in the grand scheme of things really isn't a big deal...life happens, birthdays happen, holidays happen, random BBQs by the pool happen...what you're doing most of the time is what matters.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Just log those days and move on. And enjoy the food, but get back on track. If you learn how to do that your journey might be a little slower, but you won't give up, and you'll also learn how to maintain.

I go over about once a week but when I log it my "disaster" is usually only a few hundred calories over. That's not a big deal in the big scheme of things. I try to log as I'm going over and that helps me to put the breaks on.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just returned from a 16 day road trip and by my calculation had about 48 cheat meals haha Enjoy life! You had a bad weekend, log it and use it as motivation to have a great week :)

• bentleytino2010
    bentleytino2010 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sashslay wrote: »
    I just returned from a 16 day road trip and by my calculation had about 48 cheat meals haha Enjoy life! You had a bad weekend, log it and use it as motivation to have a great week :)

Haha I dont feel so bad now.
  • bentleytino2010
    bentleytino2010 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Just log those days and move on. And enjoy the food, but get back on track. If you learn how to do that your journey might be a little slower, but you won't give up, and you'll also learn how to maintain.

I go over about once a week but when I log it my "disaster" is usually only a few hundred calories over. That's not a big deal in the big scheme of things. I try to log as I'm going over and that helps me to put the breaks on.

Thank you! I am half way to my goal so cant give up now (:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It happens and unless you are planning on taking your own food to birthdays, weddings, Christmas lunches, parties and vacations, it will continue to be a part of your life. I hate the term 'cheat' being associated with food and think it sets up a very unhealthy mindset. It is better to just view it as part of life and focus on what you are doing the majority of the time.

I had a bad eating weekend. I went over around 1800 calories yesterday and then today was my partner's birthday, which involved eating round at his and outside of my routine but fortunately I had been under by about 1600 calories during the week. I cannot say I am delighted about it, but I know that I can balance it out.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »

Thank you! I am half way to my goal so cant give up now (:

This is why we always argue against people who don't have a big amount left to lose setting aggressive goals. When you over restrict your diet, you are far more likely to go overboard when the opportunity to "cheat" presents itself.

Don't give up. Set a more reasonable goal that you can fit most of the foods you like into. Rushing is just setting yourself up for yoyoing.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Ugh so I've been doing so good and about to start week 4 of my weight loss journey. So this weekend was horrible, we had a family party and I ate bad all day both Saturday and Sunday and drank some beer. I usually allow myself two a cheat meal or two but never eat bad all day. I even had a late night Taco Bell run Saturday night. How many cheat meals is everyone else having? Is this gonna be a major set back for me? I've lost 7 lbs so far. I don't even want to get on a scale for a few days.

I don't do cheat meals. Only cheating myself.