Awake and afraid..to snack!!

Options
QUEENxo1992
QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
Hi

I am a night owl sometimes. So far I've been eating big enough dinners (salads with my meals and such) to keep me full and not to snack at this awful hour of the night. But now I'm feeling hungry and can't sleep! :(

Replies

• iknighten
    iknighten Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What does your meals consist of, besides salads. Protein will satiate you, keep you full longer. Also, drink water. We all have cravings, just have to stay focused on your goal. Hope that helps.
  • QUEENxo1992
    QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    iknighten wrote: »
    What does your meals consist of, besides salads. Protein will satiate you, keep you full longer. Also, drink water. We all have cravings, just have to stay focused on your goal. Hope that helps.

Well I am low carb so my dinner usually consists of tons of veg, salad and protein. Sometimes a fat in there too but no carbs.
  • iknighten
    iknighten Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Since you are low carbing, I would look at the fat sources you are consuming, you said sometimes you throw in a fat. Make sure you are hitting your required Macronutrient intake for Protein, carbs and fats. Usually your fat intake will increase when your carbs are low, to give you the energy needed in place of less carbs consumed. Again, re-evaluate your Macros.
  • doserpit
    doserpit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jello
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth, read a book.... sweet dreams
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    iknighten wrote: »

Well I am low carb so my dinner usually consists of tons of veg, salad and protein. Sometimes a fat in there too but no carbs.

Veg and salad are carbs.... Generally if people are lower carb, they are eating higher fat. Adding more fat to your meals may help you feel satisfied longer, as well as having a decent amount of protein and fibre.

I always plan dessert for after dinner as I know I'll want something to eat.
  • astral_baby
    astral_baby Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Protein & fat together are what promote satiety

Carbs are broken down & used first, so you'll get hungry faster

I try to have a vegan protein shake every day. Low calorie, very filling

Lean protein alone doesn't satiate me. I have to have plenty of fat too. That's why I eat homemade breakfast cookies (with butter and walnuts) or toast with peanut butter for breakfast.