Continual Relapse

Options
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to get some feedback and inspiration. I have been having a continual relapse of four lbs over the course of three months. I do really well a while and lose it. I then totally lose track over the course of two days and I am back where I started. Any tips for getting over this hump? Any advice is much appreciated!

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Why do you think you're relapsing? Is it because you're not finding sustainable habits you can carry through your entire weight loss?

Are your calories too low, leaving you too hungry and likely to binge?
    Are you following a particularly restrictive diet plan?
    Are you too focused on eating "clean" or "healthy"?
    Do you think you need to bust your butt at the gym every day to see progress?

These are all weight loss pitfalls.

The solution is to build sustainable, easy-to-follow habits. Weight loss happens from diet, so no need to commit to hitting the gym all the time. Find activities you enjoy.

Weight loss is ALL about calories. You could eat MacDonalds for every meal and lose weight, as long as you're at a caloric deficit. There's no need to deprive yourself of your favourite foods in moderation. You can eat cookies and icecream for dessert every night as long as it fits into your calorie goal!

Choose a modest deficit - aim to lose half a pound to a pound a week. That means eating 250-500 calories below your TDEE every day. MFP will do the calculations for you.

Lastly... the best tool you can buy is a digital kitchen scale. Weigh every bite that goes into your mouth and log it in your MFP diary. Accuracy is key.

Good luck.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same. Relapse is a pretty strong word for 4#. Which could be water or anything. Is your target a range, or a specific number? It should be the former for sanity's sake.