Fell off diet... need some tips...

Options
I've been on a few different diets over the years. I had lost 60 pounds at one time and felt great. Now I'm back up where I started and I'm having a hard time finding a diet to stick to. Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    You don't need to follow a particular diet to lose weight, you just need to consume fewer calories than your body burns.

You can continue eating all your favourite foods, just in smaller quantities. No need to make it harder than it is. The key is accurately logging your calorie intake with a kitchen scale and sticking to a caloric deficit that works for you.

This ^^

People tend to quit because they miss the foods they love. Eat what you like just less of it. Make it fit your calories.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    skye598 wrote: »
    I've been on a few different diets over the years. I had lost 60 pounds at one time and felt great. Now I'm back up where I started and I'm having a hard time finding a diet to stick to. Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Don't diet.

Seriously, if you have to go on and off diets, you'll lose and gain weight. Change how you approach it. Eat to a calorie goal, make sure you have enough protein and fat, and find a combination that makes you feel satisfied. If necessary, start slowly - maybe eating at maintenance until you see what type of combinations work.

I know that sounds a little blunt, but you have to be able to eat in a way that you will continue. That's the best tip I know to give.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Follow this MFP plan. Eat real food. Drink lots of water. Keep at it.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Have a reasonable calorie deficit. Weigh your food. Log everything you consume. Have patience. No special diet required.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    DO: Drink lots of water. (Track your water!) Eat real food and moreso, eat enjoyable food that will make you feel satisfied. Log on every day even if you don't log everything you consume. Go easy on yourself. Keep trying. Have fun and burn calories at the same time. Try new foods.

DON'T: Get stuck on common ideas of what a diet should look like, deprive yourself of things you really want, or give up.