weight gain. help!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    rivkieg02 wrote: »
    I'm not "disregarding advice" I'm simply saying that I have a hard time believing what they're saying.

I'm at a complete loss! I gained more weight after adding 200 calories yesterday......

The only way you could have gained fat (not water weight fluctuation) is if that 200 put you way over your daily calories.

The reason you are being asked whether you weigh or measure is because unless you are weighing solids you very likely are eating more than you think, which if that's the case yeah putting yourself 200 higher would put you over your daily needs. Do yourself a favour: start again. Plug in all your stats into MFP, set your loss to 1lb a week, get a food scale and see what happens after a month. Also come to understand your own fluctuations. I can fluctuate between 2-4lbs depending on water weight, and I don't worry about it (although it gets frustrating because it can hide legitimate weight loss). Some people have higher natural fluctuations. You would have to eat quite a bit over your daily calories to gain a pound of actual weight, so learning to tell the difference can put you at ease a little bit.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Obsessing with short-term scale weight-gains brings only pain, and is totally illogical. Think about it. If you gained, say, 3 pounds in a week, did you actually eat close to 10,000 calories above your maintenance that week? From your post, I think not.