What to dip in salsa?

kcwyo
kcwyo Posts: 10 Member
I'm having some serious salsa cravings. Now, normally, I would grab a pile of corn chips, but I was hoping for something more diet friendly. The salsa is calling my name from the fridge...

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Red pepper slices. Or a spoon. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I second pepper.

Or make a big salad with some meat and veggies and a lot of salsa on top.
  • mbgonyo
    mbgonyo Posts: 2 Member
    Carrot chips are suprisingly good with salsa.
  • Njkelley
    Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
    taco salad or chicken with salsa is so yummy
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    1) Oven-roasted veggies. I can easily go overboard on potatoes, so when I'm doing oven-baked 'fries' (I.E. shake my veggies in a Ziploc with 1 tsp of oil and some seasoning), I add in carrot sticks and green beans to make a bigger side.

2) You can make your own tortilla chips by cutting the tortillas into eight wedges, spraying with a little cooking spray or brushing a small amount of oil, and adding salt. Then bake at about 350 until crispy. Probably around 10 minutes.

3) I like putting a couple of spoonfuls on top of an omelette or fritatta
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Also, salsa soup. A big blop of salsa, chicken or veggie stock, and anything else you want to add (black beans, rice, shredded chicken, veggies, etc.).
  • TAKCEGM
    TAKCEGM Posts: 313 Member
    I really like salsa on scrambled eggs, if you're looking for something with a little more protein. Or salsa with raw veggies.

Yes! Salsa on eggs = YUM!
  • tomnelson_
    tomnelson_ Posts: 3 Member
    Salsa eggs. I get a lot of distaste from those who have never had it , trust me it's so so good
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I eat salsa with a fork at mexican restaurants...my husband gets annoyed. I don't make a mess though. I have it down to a science.
  • christineorr711
    christineorr711 Posts: 3 Member
    Celery!!!
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Homemade sweet potato chips, cucumbers, broccoli.....
  • For a crispy idea, I buy 34 degree crackers- you can have 9 crackers for 50 calories. They come in different flavors ...they do the trick when I am craving the salsa. Which, if you have not tried the recipe on here for Cucumber Strawberry salsa.....do yourself a solid and try it. OMG
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    I like salsa on rice cakes.

While not of the dipping variety, I also like to have baked potatoes for dinners with black bean salsa and a little shredded cheese. Or grilled chicken topped with salsa and avocado. Or whole wheat toast, cream cheese, and salsa.

• buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Um ... sometimes just my fingers? Lol
    I love salsa!
  • becca214ny
    becca214ny Posts: 19 Member
    You can make flatbread chips. I like flat out flatbread's protein flatbread and I cut it into smaller pieces and bake for about 5-8 minutes.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Salsa on cottage cheese is surprisingly good.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    mbgonyo wrote: »
    Carrot chips are suprisingly good with salsa.

Never knew these existed. I will have to find some and try them.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    I have to agree Scrambled eggs are the best with salsa. I also like fish tacos with peach mango salsa
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Njkelley wrote: »
    taco salad or chicken with salsa is so yummy

Yes! Love taco salad!