Favorite work lunches (bagged)

Options
Hi everyone
I am a teacher who needs good ideas for fast lunch and snack ideas to bring to work.

Any ideas?
Thanks!!

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Sandwich. Wrap. Fruit. Cut veggies. Protein bar. I love pinterest for lunch ideas
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Salads. I turn everything into a salad, to it's chicken kabob salad (chicken, peppers, pineapple, lettuce, onions, sauce/dressing of some kind, and possibly cheese). If you have a good thermos soup is nice. As the other poster stated Pinterest is good.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I work at a school, too. I am happy that there is no time to go out and grab lunch. I make sure I have some protein and lots of veggies and fiber to keep me full. Right now I am loving fresh tomatoes from my garden with just a small amount of fresh mozzarella. I do a lot of mason jar salads or some grilled chicken with various cut up veggies. Blueberries make it into my lunch almost daily for their health benefits. I am not that creative but I am learning that a bunch of items that are good for me and fills me up without crazy calorie count is better than a cohesive dish that got me where I am now.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I make a few of these on Sundays, it can vary based on what you have on hand. Eat cold, or toss in microwave. I use a large 5 cup Tupperware bowl, very colorful. I'm vegetarian, but you could add chicken or salmon. If you're not used to eating a ton of vegetables, go easy and have some GasX on hand.
    2 cups Roasted cauliflower (with a little garlic)
    2 cups Steamed broccoli
    1 cup Roast mushrooms
    1 Roasted red pepper
    .5 cup cooked rice (any kind, I like Jasmine)
    .5 cup canned low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed)
    I usually have a bit of fruit or yogurt for something sweet after
  • allysonrick
    allysonrick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm gearing up for school too. I skip the bread and pack lunch meat and cheese. Sometimes I wrap it around pickles. Prosciutto wrapped around cantaloupe (it's SO good right now!) is high in protein, just watch the size of the cantaloupe pieces to avoid unwanted sugar/carbs. And I make a giant batch of cucumber salad every week with thinly sliced cucumbers, dill, vinegar, and a bit of sugar or no calorie sweetener. About an hour after lunch I eat a fiber bar to stay feeling full and trick myself into thinking I'm eating a treat (seriously the lemon bar is so freaking good!).
  • allysonrick
    allysonrick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh I bag everything up on sundays. Measure everything etc. so during the weekdays it's all done.

Fresh veggies in humus is always a good staple.