Calories

ubeeykatelyn95186
ubeeykatelyn95186 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2017 in Getting Started
How many calories should someone eat a day to loose extreme weight I have been working on portion control for a year and now I'm ready to go to the next step I'm tweenty pounds from my goal weight. Any ideas

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Twenty pounds is not extreme weight, and it won't come off quickly. Set your goal to lose .5-1 pound a week and eat that amount plus at least a portion of your exercise calories.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Twenty pounds is not extreme weight, and it won't come off quickly. Set your goal to lose .5-1 pound a week and eat that amount plus at least a portion of your exercise calories.

+1
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    How many calories should someone eat a day to loose extreme weight I have been working on portion control for a year and now I'm ready to go to the next step I'm tweenty pounds from my goal weight. Any ideas

Make sure your stats are entered accurately on MFP, set your goal to lose 1 lb per week. Log your food accurately and consistently using a food scale whenever possible.

Unfortunately your expectations are backwards. Now that you're at the home stretch, you're rate of loss should slow down, not speed up. Good luck!