Family ordered Giordano's

Options
I swear they are truly trying to make me fail. I usually will have a slice but today the ordered my favorite that I get on my birthday and know I can not stop at one.

Stuffed Sausage Deep Dish.. 800 Cal's for 7 ounces give or take. I am going to resist cook some grilled chicken on the George Foreman grill and then eat a pint of Halo Top Chocolate. About 650 Cal's total and I will be full.

Damn this skinny family of mine..

Replies

• happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Man oh man pizza use to be a weakness of mine! Maybe in the future you will be able to enjoy a slice with your family. Have you thought about making a healthier version? What I mean is one that would both satisfy you and stay within your calories? I'm finally at the point where I can enjoy a slice with a nice salad from wherever my family chooses but I tell ya it took me a while. I've been considering halo top how is the consistency and taste?
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Lou Malnati's > Giordano's
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I usually will have a slice of pizza with the family. But Giordano's Deep Dish is my weakness. One will never do. I usually will have a slice of my son's thin crust sausage they normally get as I do not believe in depriving myself of food. But I would have at least two or three. I know that in my heart. Why couldn't they get Taco Bell and I would of gladly ordered a nice soft shell or two.. ugghh
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow...I'd kill for some Giardano's right now. That sounds amazing!
  • jasummers76
    edited August 2017
    Options
    These people have now eaten and have left three pieces to taunt me for the evening...lol
  • jasummers76
    Options
    Man oh man pizza use to be a weakness of mine! Maybe in the future you will be able to enjoy a slice with your family. Have you thought about making a healthier version? What I mean is one that would both satisfy you and stay within your calories? I'm finally at the point where I can enjoy a slice with a nice salad from wherever my family chooses but I tell ya it took me a while. I've been considering halo top how is the consistency and taste?

The Halo Top Chocolate is kinda like a soft serve consistency. I have only eaten one pint so far and the pint was not filled like a Been an Jerry's to the top.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Yes, and Pequods>Giordano's.

I actually can resist Giordano's, although I might request they get a small thin crust with vegetables on it so I could more easily join in. (I don't like sausage stuffed pizza. The Lou from Malnati's, though, I enjoy a lot.)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    At least it wasn't their Popeye pizza, but that one you could rationalize you're eating spinach! Lol. Love Giordano's.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @jasummers76. "The Elements of Pizza", by Ken Forkish. You're welcome.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    If they left it there, there is a very simple way to avoid being tempted. Throw it away.
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ken's Artisan Pizza is amazing! I need to go again soon...
    @jasummers76. "The Elements of Pizza", by Ken Forkish. You're welcome.

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Why don't you take the remaining 3 slices, cut them each in half and then put them in separate baggies and put them in the freezer? Now you have 6 slices that are individually portioned and can be paired with a side of veggies. It's also a bit of a mind game. Each slice is it's own "frozen meal." You likely wouldn't eat 2 frozen meals at once. Instead, you'd pair 1 meal with a side to fill it out.

Half a slice of pizza isn't a meal, even if paired with veggies. For serious pizza addicts like me, better to have no pizza at all then to have to eat only one slice!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I actually can resist Giordano's, although I might request they get a small thin crust with vegetables on it so I could more easily join in. (I don't like sausage stuffed pizza. The Lou from Malnati's, though, I enjoy a lot.)

Pequod's > than everything. Although some Chicagoans still haven't heard of it....
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Of course pizza is hard to resist: it hits all the pleasure centers of carbs, fats, salt, and even sugar in the sauce. It's a perfect storm of decadence!

I resist making pizza the main course of any meal. I might have a reasonable amount to complement a salad.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Pequod's > than everything. Although some Chicagoans still haven't heard of it....

Art of Pizza > Pequods > Lou Malnati's > Giordano's > D'Agostino's
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Giordano's has some awesome thin crust...with veggies on it instead of sausage, it's not quite as bad calorie-wise as the deep dish. But...Vito & Nick's>everything.