Hypothyroidism Help?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Kaiden94 wrote: »
    Happy to report that I've lost 4.4 lbs this week. I guess I did just need to give it more time! But I will still be checking in with my dr to make sure my medication is doing what it needs to be doing.

Yay! I know when I first was diagnosed, I went in for every-three-month blood draws until I was on a stable dose. I've been on the same dose now for about ten years.
  • MrsLengares2015
    MrsLengares2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and I can't take the medicine for it. It makes me ill. I have very thinning hair and everything. I have been able to lose 37 pounds in 11 weeks so far without any problem. How are you measuring your food? Do you use scales and measuring cups? How many calories in a day are you eating? Do you exercise? I eat between 1300-1500 a day and go to the gym every day. I am going strong with the tyroid issue. I will be bald soon as I have lost about 75% of my hair but I will be thin!
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and I can't take the medicine for it. It makes me ill. I have very thinning hair and everything. I have been able to lose 37 pounds in 11 weeks so far without any problem. How are you measuring your food? Do you use scales and measuring cups? How many calories in a day are you eating? Do you exercise? I eat between 1300-1500 a day and go to the gym every day. I am going strong with the tyroid issue. I will be bald soon as I have lost about 75% of my hair but I will be thin!

Which meds have you tried, there are many. I can't take Synthroid because I'm allergic an ingredient, so I take a different formulation. I also take a T3 because my body won't convert the T4 into T3. Some people take only T3, some people take on of the many formulations of natural desiccated hormone.