Stomach issues(oikos triple zero/bob red mill vanilla nutritional booster)

Options
Curious if anyone else are needing to visit the bathroom (starts with bloating/rumbling stomach )after consuming oikos triple zero yogurt/bob red mill vanilla nutritional booster powder?

I was using the chocolate flavor from bob red mill without any issues.
Dannon yogurt was for a change from cottage cheese.
If there are any ingredients that are causing it,I would know to avoid them in future.

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I would avoid the yogurt if it made my tummy that upset. Have you had issues with yogurt before, or had this particular yogurt without the powder?
  • tobehappy2017
    tobehappy2017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would avoid the yogurt if it made my tummy that upset. Have you had issues with yogurt before, or had this particular yogurt without the powder?

This particular yogurt.Pretty regular yogurt eater,haven't had this kind of issues.I consumed the yogurt and powder separately.But today is the first time I had them same day.I was wondering if there was a ingredient others were sensitive too,so that I can avoid products which have them.
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Curious if anyone else are needing to visit the bathroom (starts with bloating/rumbling stomach )after consuming oikos triple zero yogurt/bob red mill vanilla nutritional booster powder?

If there are any ingredients that are causing it,I would know to avoid them in future.

I was pretty disapointed to find out Oikos Triple Zero includes chicory root, which gives me stomach issues. It's the same fiber additive that's in fiber one and I can't stand it. I love yogurt and tried this one at the rec of MFP and it's terrible
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Anon2018 wrote: »

I was pretty disapointed to find out Oikos Triple Zero includes chicory root, which gives me stomach issues. It's the same fiber additive that's in fiber one and I can't stand it. I love yogurt and tried this one at the rec of MFP and it's terrible

I must not be sensitive to it. I eat a serving of Fiber One cereal mixed into a serving of Oikos Triple Zero yogurt almost every morning with my breakfast, no stomach problems. Sometimes I even have a second serving of it as an evening snack.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Re: the yogurt - do you have any lactose issues? One thing yogurts have these days is that, instead of letting the yogurt ferment like it should, where the bacteria eats most of the lactose, they stop the process early and add in fillers and thickeners. So there is more lactose in these yogurts than in others. It would end up showing up like increased sugar (not added, just sugars because of the lactose sugar) in the nutritional label. But yogurt that was more fermented would be fine.

stevia can be an issue for some folks, too

re: the protein powder - I would compare the two flavors and see what is different. That could definitely be the problem. Check it with cottage cheese, for both flavors, see how that works, too, you know?
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Chicory Root kills my digestive system for hours. Gotta stay away from it altogether.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It's the chicory root. I can't do it either.
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Anon2018 wrote: »

I must not be sensitive to it. I eat a serving of Fiber One cereal mixed into a serving of Oikos Triple Zero yogurt almost every morning with my breakfast, no stomach problems. Sometimes I even have a second serving of it as an evening snack.

Good for you! I'd be up allllll night in stomach pain. Learned this one the hard way.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

This particular yogurt.Pretty regular yogurt eater,haven't had this kind of issues.I consumed the yogurt and powder separately.But today is the first time I had them same day.I was wondering if there was a ingredient others were sensitive too,so that I can avoid products which have them.

Yep - it's the chicory root (also called inulin). Some Fiber One cereals and some Kashi cereals have this additive. I have stomach pain with this too.
  • TaylorCGF
    TaylorCGF Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oikos Zero absolutely kills my tummy. I tried it a couple of years ago and had trouble with it, but gave it a try one more time yesterday. The way I have felt ever since is a good reminder to never put it in my mouth again... and I've never had a sensitive stomach. All I can say this morning is "Ouch!"
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just saw this is a zombie thread..... Oh well...Chicory root upsets me also. I hate it because it's in so many foods that I want to eat. I get bloating, cramping and sudden urge to use the bathroom followed by excessive gas.