Please share your personal mantra.....

Wikipedia partially defines mantra as "word or phonemes, or group of words believed by practitioners to have psychological and spiritual powers"

Here is mine which I believe has greatly helped me melt 35lbs away in the last 136 days. I take a deep breath and repeat it every morning, before every meal, and right before bed.

"It's better to feel fit and thin, than full and fat"

I am learning to like myself again :# ...

Replies

• diana0x1
    diana0x1 Posts: 10 Member
    Are u really gonna be the fat girl all ur life
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Never, ever give up!
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    I created a plan for myself, so my matra is "stick to the plan"
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Small daily improvements lead to staggering long term results. - Robin Sharma
  • krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Patience and keep working hard every day.
  • CatastrophicPuns
    CatastrophicPuns Posts: 4 Member
    Whenever I work out, especially by myself, I always hate that third set/round...that's when I start to get tired and I always always want to quit. In order to combat my quitter's attitude, I always tell myself, the first set is just a test, the second set is a warm up. The third set is the one that changes you. So whenever I get pooped, I always think, if I don't do at least that third set, I'm wasting my time, because I'll never change if I don't go through with it.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    I don't really have a mantra. There are so many good sayings out there. I have a note on my computer that says "A goal without a plan is only a wish." So I guess, that is what I am using today.

However, I did hear of some model's mantra (around 10 years ago or so). I believe it was "Food never taste as good as skinny feels." I remember she got some backlash for that when she said it. But, for me, it has actually worked when tempted by sweets at the office or at events.
  • carissalounsbury
    carissalounsbury Posts: 5 Member
    From Hungry for Change on Netflix, "I accept myself, unconditionally, right now." It has helped me with my self-love so much. I also have on my phone's lock screen a post from a vegan weightlifter, "Prove them Wrong" ^_^
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Embrace the grind.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    80% of success is just showing up.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Someday is not a day of the week.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    One day at a time
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    The only easy day was yesterday.
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    "Endeavor to persevere"
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    Exercise- Just do it.
    Drinking- One day at a time.
    Eating- You really don't want to have to lose this weight yet again, do you??
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    perkymommy wrote: »
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

Agree 100%. I had to get below my walking around weight for an athletic competition recently so any "cheats or treats" were out for a little while. The moment the event was over teammates and I became gluttonous with sugary junk. It really wasn't as great as I thought it would be in my head. I realized I can never go back to being fat. Nothing I have sampled on this planet makes me feel the way I feel right now.