Night nurses/night workers

Options
Hi! Am looking to find like minded people that work the dreaded night shifts! FOOD is my thing! I just love it, could be happy doing the food THANG all night lol :) If anyone is interested in being my buddy, that would be amazing :) Looking to lose about 20lbs initially :) - Karen x

Replies

• darvon1982
    darvon1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    U can add me. I also work nights and love food. Lol
  • pbrogowski
    pbrogowski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was about to post this!! I work on an ICU as a critical care provider. I have a few challenges when it comes to eating healthy while working and I'm hoping I can hear from some others regarding what works for them. Here are some of the concerns:
    1. I work 24 hours, so I need to sometimes pack a full days meals if I were to actually bring my meals. (most times I don't and end up eating from the cafeteria or eating out)
    2. I work 24 hours, so I'm exhausted and we all know Hungry Angry Lonely Tired can lead to poor choices.
    3. I travel to different hospitals so I'm on the road often.
    4. My work doesn't always allow for consistent meal times as I may be incredibly busy, I then find myself getting dizzy and tired by 3:30 realizing I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet.
    5. I'm a poor planner and would love to hear some thoughts on easy to plan recipes. (No salmon or canned tuna for this guy).

Pity party complete. Thanks everyone who reads this and offers any type of support.

Pete

PS: Sign up to be an organ donor and save lives at donatelife.org
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.... I work part time inthe ER 3p-3a shift so I feel your pains.
  • CatRunna
    CatRunna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a night shift RN and I have been known to eat my way through many a shift! I try keep my weight down by running and intermittent fasting :)
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, You can do this, All the best!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    You got my support add me
  • hulknosmash
    hulknosmash Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Right there with you. I work nights as an aircraft maintainer. I find that slow-cooker chicken, fat free cheddar and wraps are a huge thing for me. They are easy to prepare healthy, and can do in bulk. It's difficult passing up on the fast food everyone else seems to get, but going strong a month now. One month and 23 lbs down! Any other ideas for meal prep and such would be appreciated.oh and feel free to add me. :)
  • laols01
    laols01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fellow overnighters! Feel free to add me also. I work 11pm-7am at a hospital and have all of the same issues everyone above has mentioned. Food and carbs especially are my fav, but am limiting them to try to drop weight and live a healthier lifestyle. :smiley:
  • Silverfoxdc
    Silverfoxdc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a night owl; I work as an Advocate in a Domestic Violence shelter. I love my job; it's more than a job to me; and I love working nights. Sometimes my eating and sleep patterns get a little mixed up, though. I'd appreciate any advice! Count me in.